Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My Wz.15 Polish Adrian Helmet - from the War of Independance ? with owners Name and Army Number

Article about: Here is my Wz.15 Polish Adrian Helmet with owners Name and Army Number, is it from the War of Independence (maybe repainted from WW1), please ? I think that the Chinstrap is either Austrian

Default My Wz.15 Polish Adrian Helmet - from the War of Independance ? with owners Name and Army Number

Here is my Wz.15 Polish Adrian Helmet with owners Name and Army Number, is it from the War of Independence (maybe repainted from WW1), please ?

I think that the Chinstrap is either Austrian or German.

Here are its photographs.

Thank you very much, in advance.

justin1939

Justin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Wz.15 Polish Adrian Helmet - from the War of Independance ? with owners Name and  Army Number   My Wz.15 Polish Adrian Helmet - from the War of Independance ? with owners Name and  Army Number  

My Wz.15 Polish Adrian Helmet - from the War of Independance ? with owners Name and  Army Number   My Wz.15 Polish Adrian Helmet - from the War of Independance ? with owners Name and  Army Number  

My Wz.15 Polish Adrian Helmet - from the War of Independance ? with owners Name and  Army Number   My Wz.15 Polish Adrian Helmet - from the War of Independance ? with owners Name and  Army Number  

Hi Justin,

It's impossible to authenticate these from photos alone, but as you well know, these are widely (and easily) faked. Provenance is everything, and a name scratched into the helmet will not do. The situation with these Polish Adrians is such that I consider all guilty until proven innocent. And proving innocence is not always possible, thanks to the counterfeiters who have poisoned this area of collecting. For what it's worth, I don't believe this particular wz.19 eagle pattern dates to early IIRP. It is also one of the patterns that is now reproduced.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Further to my comments about the eagle, here's the modern copy I was referring to which reminds me of the one on that helmet. If your photos are from the seller don't overlook the fact that he is avoiding providing you with a good straight on crisply focused photo of the eagle. They are poor and out of focus, likely deliberately.

T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Wz.15 Polish Adrian Helmet - from the War of Independance ? with owners Name and  Army Number  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

My Wz.15 Polish Adrian Helmet - from the War of Independance ? with owners Name and  Army NumberMy Wz.15 Polish Adrian Helmet - from the War of Independance ? with owners Name and  Army NumberMy Wz.15 Polish Adrian Helmet - from the War of Independance ? with owners Name and  Army NumberMy Wz.15 Polish Adrian Helmet - from the War of Independance ? with owners Name and  Army Number

hi can you please help me to identify this helmet . Im not sure if is legist what i meant if the eagle original.