Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pilsudski’s Legion Badge

Article about: Hello All, I have this very nice Polish Legion badge (1920’s Warsaw silver hallmark) on a silk national color cockade. The badge and cockade have been together for so long, the badge has a

Default Pilsudski’s Legion Badge

Hello All,

I have this very nice Polish Legion badge (1920’s Warsaw silver hallmark) on a silk national color cockade. The badge and cockade have been together for so long, the badge has actually imprinted itself on to the silk! Question: were cockades “officially” worn or was something like this done for national holidays or perhaps veterans preference?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pilsudski’s Legion Badge   Pilsudski’s Legion Badge  

Pilsudski’s Legion Badge  

A beautiful badge, and in top condition, congratulations. First time I am seeing the Legion badge mounted on a cockade like this. These cockades were used to enhance the patriotic flavour of an item, but as far as I know this was not by official decree. Someone may chime in to correct me. Again, great looking item and thanks for sharing.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks Tony! I recall seeing a fairly modern Polish film about the Bolshevik invasion and in one scene, a uniformed soldier was wearing a cockade behind a badge of some sort. Of course it’s film, and as we all know much fantasy happens in that format!