Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

polish adrian

Article about: hello i would like to ask you a favour to define this attached polish helmet it looks original , however the paint is the big concern . it seems it was overpainted with the brush. i'm not su

Post polish adrian

hello
    i would like to ask you a favour to define this attached polish helmet
    it looks original , however the paint is the big concern .
    it seems it was overpainted with the brush.
    i'm not sure what was the reason . it this was done to cover the scratches or perhaps it was advised by the army ? . please share with me what you think .
    do you think the price of the helmet may decrease because the paint issue ?
    also pls let me how much is it worth it .

best regards
    Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture polish adrian   polish adrian  

Hi Chris, I’ve moved this from the Sales section over to the correct forum. The market is flooded with both M15 and M26 Adrians with reproduction Polish eagles and false aging. This one has all the classic signs of a fake, with the purpose of the rough brush overpaint not “ to cover the scratches or perhaps it was advised by the army”, but rather to deceive. A thick coat of paint helps hide the flaws in the reproduction eagle, among other things.

Genuine surviving WW1 era Polish badged Adrians are beyond rare. I have seen no more than three known genuine example in close to 20 years. Creating a fake is quick and cheap as surviving plain jane helmets and reproduction eagles are readily available.

Normally I’d ask for close up pictures before giving a knee jerk assessment, but there are so many bogus Polish Adrians on the market that it’s become tiresome. If you have not yet made the purchase then insist the seller provides you with 100% verifiable provenance supporting its authenticity. Otherwise pass.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne