Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish badge - real or replica?

Article about: Hello everyone, Purchased this nice badge without knowing what it is. Did some online research and found out that it is a badge of: 20 Pułk Artylerii Lekkiej based on this website: http

?

Default Polish badge - real or replica?

Hello everyone,

Purchased this nice badge without knowing what it is. Did some online research and found out that it is a badge of:
    20 Pułk Artylerii Lekkiej
    based on this website:
    https://forum.dobroni.pl/f/20-pulk-artylerii/96829

If it is possible to figure out from pictures, can you guys tell me your opinion if this badge is real or replica?

Thank you very much.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish badge - real or replica?   Polish badge - real or replica?  

Polish badge - real or replica?   Polish badge - real or replica?  

Hello Dabac,

This is an older copy. Judging from the spinner, if original to the badge, this is a copy from the 1960-70’s.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hello Dabac,

This is an older copy. Judging from the spinner, if original to the badge, this is a copy from the 1960-70’s.

Regards,
    Tony
    Thank you Tony.
    Because of the spinner I was not sure. I saw few badges online, where spinner has manufacturer's information.
    Could it be that badge is original and spinner was replaced?

The quality is not to pre-WW2 badge standards, especially those expected for an enameled officer-grade badge. Compare to the example posted below, claimed to be a genuine badge. I only have the obverse image at the moment. Notice the crispness of the text and cannon details in comparison to the blurred appearance of your example. Notice the black perimeter ring, and how the enamel in your example is concave whereas in the genuine badge it has a flat uniform surface. These are subtle details, but make all the difference in the world. Pre-WW2 era officer grade badges were special items made by skilled jewelers to highest quality standards. Truly wonderful things. Most were made in silver, and maker marked with silver proof stamps.

Your example is quite probably a Panasiuk product:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=odzna...=1519334219648

Regards,
    Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images Polish badge - real or replica? 
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    The quality is not to pre-WW2 badge standards, especially those expected for an enameled officer-grade badge. Compare to the example posted below, claimed to be a genuine badge. I only have the obverse image at the moment. Notice the crispness of the text and cannon details in comparison to the blurred appearance of your example. Notice the black perimeter ring, and how the enamel in your example is concave whereas in the genuine badge it has a flat uniform surface. These are subtle details, but make all the difference in the world. Pre-WW2 era officer grade badges were special items made by skilled jewelers to highest quality standards. Truly wonderful things. Most were made in silver, and maker marked with silver proof stamps.

Your example is quite probably a Panasiuk product:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=odzna...=1519334219648

Regards,
    Tony
    Thanks Tony. Great information!
    Happy to find out what it is and little sad to find out what it is. (Was hoping for original)