Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Polish helmet VZ31 Authentic stamp in dome ?

Article about: This rare and expensive helmet is for sale at catawiki. When I look at the Huta Ludwikow stamp in the dome of the helmet, the grafics do look a little bit odd to me,in comparison to the stam

Default Polish helmet VZ31 Authentic stamp in dome ?

This rare and expensive helmet is for sale at catawiki. When I look at the Huta Ludwikow stamp in the dome of the helmet, the grafics do look a little bit odd to me,in comparison to the stamps I see on other vz31 helmet on the internet.
    The last picture is the stamp on another auction site which is the more 'normal' stamp (I think)
    Thanks in advance for your input !
    Erwin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish helmet VZ31 Authentic stamp in dome ?   Polish helmet VZ31 Authentic stamp in dome ?  

Polish helmet VZ31 Authentic stamp in dome ?   Polish helmet VZ31 Authentic stamp in dome ?  

Polish helmet VZ31 Authentic stamp in dome ?   Polish helmet VZ31 Authentic stamp in dome ?  

?

I think you are right to be cautious, probably one of the most desirable WWII helmets. To me it looks like a repainted shell, the texture doesn't look right, liner band has been removed and refitted, as you say the stamp is different to known good examples the chinstrap should have a wire clasp not the plate metal.

Any one item that raises a questions, its best to move on. If you are going to spend the money you want to be very sure of what your getting.

now, if there was a time machine....

Polish helmet VZ31 Authentic stamp in dome ?

Fake salamander paint

Polish helmet VZ31 Authentic stamp in dome ? Polish helmet VZ31 Authentic stamp in dome ?

?

I think the liner is from one of these helmets, and the chinstrap is also shown on the first images.

Casco polaco Mº 35

Steve

Thanks, Tinhat ! Maybe I should have done a bit when it turned out to be an authentic one, but then probably too low to get it...Iconic picture, I am starting to drool...I have been fooled too much, and I will be fooled again, but chances are reduced thanks to your input and the input of other experienced people.
    Erwin