Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Polish militaria

Article about: Hello, Im getting interested in Polish militaria, specifically medals and hat badges. Are there any books on this or websites etc. ? Cheers, Stefan

Default Polish militaria

Hello,
    Im getting interested in Polish militaria, specifically medals and hat badges. Are there any books on this or websites etc. ?
    Also, are fakes a big problem? Im trying to escape all of the faked soviet militaria.

Cheers,
    Stefan

CBH
    ?

World Army Badges and Insignia , Since 1939 by Guido Rosignoli , Blandford Press .

Has a Polish section , its an old book now , but you might find it cheap . Good overall resource for International insignia .

Quote by polishpotato View Post
    . . .Are there any books on this or websites etc. ?

Also, are fakes a big problem? Im trying to escape all of the faked soviet militaria.
    Hello Stefan, yes, the past ten years has seen the publishing of several useful collector references. All are in Polish text only, so an understanding of the language is definitely helpful. Check the 'Books' section for suggestions.

But don’t overlook the huge data base of information you have here on this forum. And it’s all free. Although investing in reference books is a very wise move for any collector just starting out.

As far as counterfeiting, although I do not collect Soviet militaria it’s safe to say that the problem is every bit as serious - if not worse. In fact, I’ve heard it said more than once that next to the Third Reich fakery, only Polish militaria comes close. So you may be leaving the frying pan and jumping into the fire.

But don’t despair. Collect slowly, and carefully authenticate every item ahead of purchase, and you’ll be OK. We’re here to help.

Regards,
    Tony
    Last edited by A.J. Zawadzki; 03-09-2017 at 07:06 AM. Reason: typo
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks for the welcome. I think I'm going to take the risk as I really do like the Hat eagles. I will definitely check here to verify and things I might purchase.

Cheers, Stefan