Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Polish Para Badges

Article about: Good afternoon, I have just found the forum but have been collecting militaria for many years now. I wanted to post a picture of two para wings that I purchased about 7 years ago from a very

usaav
    ?

Default Polish Para Badges

Good afternoon,

I have just found the forum but have been collecting militaria for many years now. I wanted to post a picture of two para wings that I purchased about 7 years ago from a very knowledgeable and respected dealer (who had also had them for many years as well). Given the nature of forgeries and fakes, I would be interested to get others opinions. Thanks very much for any thoughts you may be able to offer. Take care.
    Last edited by usaav; 03-15-2010 at 02:06 AM.

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Polish Para Badges

Hey there,
    In my opinion these are reproductions,But Im sure our mod Gary will follow up on this post as he owns a few originals!

Regards
    Emil

Hi,

According to the Materialy History of the Polish Parachute Badge by Kpt Jan Lorys the Combat wreath Nr: 1124 was awarded with Badge nr 1853 to Kpr Kazimierz Kubik 1SBS.MG.

Any badge numbered under 1000 carried a 0 before so 295 should be 0295 according to Kpt Lorys.

I hope that the information is of some use and help

Andrzejku

usaav
    ?

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your feedback – always good to get multiple opinions.

3mk, what is it you find troubling with regard to these pieces? To me they look authentic: clearly die struck (when examined under 15x magnification) and font is consistent to their respective manufacturers from what I have been able to gather. I look forward to hearing from Gary as well.

Andrejku98, thank you for this information. I was under the impression that serial numbers for wreaths were always higher than the serial numbers for the badge itself. Your response would indicate that this is not so. Is there any relationship to the serial number on the combat wreath and the bade itself? Also, where could I find more information with regard to the numbering of the badges?

Thanks again for the feedback. Regards,

GFC
    ?

I do not like either of them.....

The one without the wreath is an out and out replica...

The one with the wreath at least bares a resambalence to an original badge, but is cast, rather than struck.

Also, the Kirkwood manufactured examples did not have the zero on badges numbered before 1000 - the Grupa Techniczna - London badges did

GFC
    ?

The wreaths were awarded by sub-unit, starting with the number "1"

the font is correct on the "combat" badge for a Grupa Techniczna, but the badge itself is a Kirkwood type - the wings slightly filled in so they form a "U", rather than the full cut-out GrTech example which looks like a "V"

?

Fully tally with GFC ...

The Non- combat is of the "Hartenstein" gift shop variety ..

The Combat has the wrong font number type on both the wing and the wreath.

Gary J.

3mk
    ?

Well GFC summed it up for us.
    Also notice how these pieces almost have no patina.
    Hope you didnt pay to much for these copies

Regards
    Emil

usaav
    ?

Thanks every one for your thoughts - I appreciate your insights.

Hi there, just found this thread, a few years out it seems! Anyhow, I too would like some help regarding my grandfather's para wings with combat wreath, I will supply numbers etc on reply to this post, cheers

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast