Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Pre war badge?

Article about: Hello Guys. Could you help me with this badge? is it an original one? What kind of badge is it? It also looks to be in its original box Thank you Daniel.

?

Default Polish Pre war badge?

Hello Guys.

Could you help me with this badge? is it an original one?

What kind of badge is it? It also looks to be in its original box

Thank you

Daniel.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Pre war badge?   Polish Pre war badge?  

Polish Pre war badge?   Polish Pre war badge?  

Default Re: Polish Pre war badge?

Hi Daniel, and welcome to the forum. This is the badge of the “Obrońcom Kresów Wschodnich” – Defenders of the Eastern Borderlands. There were two or more versions of this badge. It is a rarely seen badge. I’d like to see a picture with the spinner removed. Do you now if the case is also marked ‘J.Chylinski’ on the inside lining?

Here’s one that is held up as a genuine example, currently available for about $2700USD. This version is not serial numbered, although the Sawicki reference (page 615) does picture a very similar looking serial numbered example. The spinner is not original.

Note the differences between this one and yours - the crispness of the lettering, crossed swords, figures in the center disc.

Sorry I cannot offer you much more as far as a yea or nay on this one.

Regards.
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Pre war badge?   Polish Pre war badge?  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

. . . This'll make the comparison easier
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Pre war badge?  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

and more with number on the back....

Here is the revererse of the badge (pic taken from another forum)

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi Daniel, and welcome to the forum. This is the badge of the “Obrońcom Kresów Wschodnich” – Defenders of the Eastern Borderlands. There were two or more versions of this badge. It is a rarely seen badge. I’d like to see a picture with the spinner removed. Do you now if the case is also marked ‘J.Chylinski’ on the inside lining?

Here’s one that is held up as a genuine example, currently available for about $2700USD. This version is not serial numbered, although the Sawicki reference (page 615) does picture a very similar looking serial numbered example. The spinner is not original.

Note the differences between this one and yours - the crispness of the lettering, crossed swords, figures in the center disc.

Sorry I cannot offer you much more as far as a yea or nay on this one.

Regards.
    Tony
    Hello Tony

Thank you for your answer. Sorry for being little late but im working 14 hours a day so it little too much right now to get time to post. I see a friend posted the back on it. I can see anything on the case though.

Once again , thanks for all the help.

Daniel.

Hi Daniel, you’re most welcome, although I don’t think I was of much help as far as determining the authenticity of this one. This is a rarely seen badge, and I just don’t know enough about it. But based on a direct side by side comparison of the obverse there’s sufficient reason to be cautious about the one you posted.

Regards,
    Tony

PS 14 hour days - be careful not to burn yourself out!

?

Hello Tony.

Thanks for all the help :-)

Daniel.