Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish prewar Bread Bag.

Article about: Would someone please post photos of the details for a prewar Polish bread bag. Close ups of the straps, fasteners, markings etc. How available are authentic prewar Polish bread bags on aucti

Default Polish prewar Bread Bag.

Would someone please post photos of the details for a prewar Polish bread bag. Close ups of the straps, fasteners, markings etc.

How available are authentic prewar Polish bread bags on auction sites? Cost?

Thanks.

Default Re: Polish prewar Bread Bag.

There were three patterns: wz.22, wz.25 and wz.33, got them all but unfortunately right now my camera is in service point. Some pictures from the net:

Wz.22:

Wz.25 (on the left) + wz.33:

Thanks Pat. I've only seen a Polish bread bag for sale once and it was rather expensive (I must admit though I seldom purchase from EBay as I don't trust the sellers much and as to Allegro - I don't read Polish). My plan is to convert a German one for my 10th BK display. Are there any dimensional drawings of the Polish bread bags on the net or in books? If in books can anyone scan them and post them here? Or possibly take close ups of the bread bag details.

What can one expect to reasonably pay for an authentic Polish bread bag? (let's say a range depending upon condition)

Also can anyone give a bit of a history as to the details of the bread bags - the three different models shown, manufacturers, what kinds of stamps to expect /look for - and their meaning, the variations in fasteners and straps and how they were used, typical contents or specialty items (example when I was in the military we had squeezable margarine in olive green tubes, cheese in small olive green tins - all with military stock numbers).

I learned that the canteen was carried within the bread bag and not attached to the outside or to the soldier's belt. I did not know this. Thanks.

Well it's difficult to talk something about prices. They are very different and most of situations depend on amount of bidding buyers and frequency of breadbag appearing on auctions etc ... wz.33 bradbag is a very common item but the prices are weird - sometimes few of them lies on sales and nobody wants them in cheap prices and sometimes one appear in a week and reach very high price. Matter of luck i would say, no general rule. Wz.25 is more unique but they still appear on the market regulary. Wz.22 is very rare item - in last decade i have only noticed just few of them + few good fakes. I posted photos of my bags above in earlier post.

What was carried in breadbag ? Depend on time and task but most of the time it was: canteen, cup, linen sack with bread, cutlery, towel, soap and ... grenades.

Quote by pat15567 View Post
    Well it's difficult to talk something about prices. They are very different and most of situations depend on amount of bidding buyers and frequency of breadbag appearing on auctions etc ... wz.33 bradbag is a very common item but the prices are weird - sometimes few of them lies on sales and nobody wants them in cheap prices and sometimes one appear in a week and reach very high price. Matter of luck i would say, no general rule. Wz.25 is more unique but they still appear on the market regulary. Wz.22 is very rare item - in last decade i have only noticed just few of them + few good fakes. I posted photos of my bags above in earlier post.
    Fake bread bags! Are they obvious to spot? What to look for?

What was carried in breadbag ? Depend on time and task but most of the time it was: canteen, cup, linen sack with bread, cutlery, towel, soap and ... grenades.
    Was the cup army issue, and if so do you have a photo of one?

and ... grenades.
    LOL ...you can never have enough grenades!