Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Polish "Szabla" Wz.1934

Article about: Hi guys, I acquired this sword last week from an estate. The previous owner had liberally slathered the piece with cosmoline. It was messy but it kept the blade in great shape. Does anyone k

So it looks like every model 34 would have Military Inspector proofs on the blade, before the serial number. I think it is not clear if the "Officers " private purchase were proofed by Military Inspector, but I think not. So that leaves the strange serial numbers on both of the sabers shown here , and the serial number ends with letter H. One word of caution, before the year 2000 sabres wzor 34 were super rare in Poland, only becoming plentiful after the year 2000 when the strong demand was shown. I personally know of few collectors who were collecting in the 50's and 60's and later and One of the famous Cavalry collector had a wz 34 but it was in terrible shape... and he could not find a better one.
    Last edited by Krakow1; 01-25-2018 at 09:33 PM.

?

This is the theory.

A large number of swords does not pass through the military control.
    The factory sells them with a new number H (handel). The buyers are civilians and officers. All who want to buy wz.34 a new model in the officers ' version. Of course, the officers didn’t buy a lot of them.The model 21 was luxurious with leather handle..wz.34 has painted black wood

?

Not all were left for sale. Probably most of them have been corrected and then were again inspected

Quote by Pavo7 View Post
    Not all were left for sale. Probably most of them have been corrected and then were again inspected
    If so than why the number is in one thousand 7 hundred range ? That would imply that 1700 plus hundred sabers were made for Officers ? How many of these H marked sabers survived ? And why would Officers buy sabers that did not pass military Inspection ? after ALL they would have to fight with these too..

?

In 2RP the officers were buying almost always sabers for their own money. So it was!
    the exact number of produced H is not known. I have never seen a number higher than 1800H.

?

The sword worn by officers mostly wz. 21 are from the private factory G. Borowski. Never pass inspection. Have been produced in accordance with the rules of military...

?

There is one exception. The Army purchased the sabres for officers in the amount of 3000 pieces. These were the sabres wz. 21 from the factory A.Mann at 10.1923/01.1924

Hi ive just re read your post. You are saying your theory about the copy is based upon your observations i was under the impression you were quoting from a book of some sort or published references.

I therefore have the following questions for you;

Are you published in any way regarding the 500 swords you have viewed, you stated that ludwikowki are very rare and that you have only seen a couple of real ones for sale so im not sure how you've got your hands on 500 viewed?
    On what basis aside from your observations can you concretely confirm this is a false serial number.
    Do you have any "published info from the maker"
    do you have reference to any written source that you can quote?

This is not a personal attack however before claiming that something is false you need to have concrete evidence referenced to a source not just personal observation.

My personal observation based on the ones i own are that if this is a fake id be ver y surprised . The quality is amazing, it weighs and handles perfectly i have one sword which is referenced on this site and in comparison there is no difference that i can see.

May i ask also and again forgive me if im wrong are the person that was Trolling me on facebook?

Does the book you quoted show this number as false and on wht basis.

Please be advised that stating that someone has a fake based upon observation is tenuous and somewhat libellous.

?

About 41.500 manufactured wz.34. Is this a very rare ?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast