Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Polonia Restituta Cross with case Fake or original?

Article about: Hello, I found such a cross at an auction the seller wrote that the ribbon is of the 1st class cross, the cross itself is 3rd class Can you write to me whether the cross is original? I will

Hello Andrzej
    IMO, the cross that I sent reminds me more of the cross from this thread than from Gontarczyk (polonia restituta commander), it may be indicated by a sharpened tail, do other things point to Gontarczyk?

Hello AlienkingPL,

Many thanks for your post, apart from the Firm of Wiktor Gontarczyk being the official government maker of the Order, there where other private companies that produced some awards, the firms of Wincenty Wabia-Wabiński and Stanisław Owczarski.

If you require further information it might be worth while writing to the Polish Army Museum to see what other information they hold on the producers of the Order.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2