Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pre-war officer's cap?

Article about: Hi! Today I was able to buy a Polish officer's cap for a very low price. Unfortunately, I do not know what model it is and from what period it comes from. It is similar to the wz.27 cap, but

?

Default Pre-war officer's cap?

Hi!
    Today I was able to buy a Polish officer's cap for a very low price. Unfortunately, I do not know what model it is and from what period it comes from. It is similar to the wz.27 cap, but it doesn't look perfect like this one. Does anyone know more about this?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-war officer's cap?   Pre-war officer's cap?  

Pre-war officer's cap?   Pre-war officer's cap?  

Looks like it could be a poorly stored stage prop? I know there's a guy online somewhere who sells old stage costumes and whatnot as authentic militaria, and this looks like something he'd sell.. Don't take my word for it, though. Wait for the real experts.

?

I also noticed it. The design is very similar to another stage prop in my collection. Nevertheless, I believe that movie props are not made of materials that were so expensive back then. I mean mainly quite heavy wear of leather.

?

I have already received a shipment with a hat. It turned out that the buttons do not have crown on eagle. It also turned out that the peak is stiffened with wire and is bent in such a way that one of the corners sticks out more, so I think it's a wz.35 cap.

Yes, wz.35. The perforated sweatband indicates this is a product no older than the 1980's.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne