Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 ... LastLast

Virtuti Militari Thread

Article about: Hi.It's a virtuti militari thread so I'm just curious.Is that original Polish armed forces in the West virtuti with engraved 1944 date on the back? Cheers.

Hello Everyone,

Another Face of a Recipient of the Virtuti Militari,

Virtuti Militari Thread

Pulkownik Janusz Wacław Dłużniakiewicz, Born on the 1st October 1888, awarded the Virtuti Militai Numbered : 7071, KN, KW x 2, ZKZ, etc. He was tragically killed on the 19th October 1931 whilst in a Kayak on the River San, which overturned.

Virtuti Militari Thread

Pulkownik Janusz Wacław Dłużniakiewicz in his coffin 23rd/24th October 1932.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

A few more Faces of recipients of the Virtuti Militari

Virtuti Militari Thread

Rtm. Adam Łukasz Królikiewicz, VM Numbered 5429, KN, SKZ x 2, Italian Order of the Crown Officer, Born 9th December 1894, Died 4th May 1966.

Virtuti Militari Thread

Plk. Władysław Antoni Rozlaua VM Numbered 3864, KN, KW x 4, Born 11th May 1884.

Virtuti Militari Thread

Pplk. Stanisław Siuda, VM Numbered 2506, KNzM, KW x 4, ZKZ, Born 4th April 1890, Died in Oflag VII A Murnau 25th February 1945.

Virtuti Militari Thread

Pplk.Dr. Bernard Stanisław Śliwiński, VM Numbered 3202, KNzM, KW, ZKZ,LdH, Born 5th July 1883, Died on the 18th December 1941 in Oflag Neubrandenberg.

Virtuti Militari Thread

Pplk.Paweł Thomas, VM Numbered 4734, KN KW, Born 25th September 1891.

Virtuti Militari Thread

Pplk. Dypl. Piotr Bartak, VM Numbered 7344, KN, OOP, KW x 4, ZKZ, Born 12th June 1890. Died 20th September 1939 whilst Commanding Officer of the 10th Infantry Division. He was travelling in a car with 2 other Officers Major Janusz Rogalski and Kpt Zygmunt Jarzęcki, when their car was hit by an Artillery shell killing al inside.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hello! I was hoping the collective experts could help shed some light on three VM's I've had in my collection since about 1995 time frame. They are 3rd, 4th and 5th classes. I'm not sure if they are real, copies, pre-post war etc. I've read through all 51 pages and due to the so many variations am unable to tell. Many thanks in advance! If they are copies that's ok, if real...even better!

Virtuti Militari ThreadVirtuti Militari Thread

Hello TGAZ,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum and thank you for your post, with regards to the 3 Virtuti Militari Crosses that you posted :

1) The Knights Cross is the current issue from 1990, more than likely copied by Andrzej Panasiuk.

2) Gold Cross of the Virtuti Militari again a copy made by Panasiuk.

3) Silver or Gold it is hard to tell from the pictures posted againa copy by Panasiuk.

a link to the web site for the company is below :

Grawer Andrzej Panasiuk - Krzyże,ordery,odznaczenia,dystynktoria,odznaki pułkowe

TGAZ, just to show you what an Original Order Virtuti Militari Knights Cross looks like, an unawarded one that was for sale in Poland last November.

Virtuti Militari Thread

Knights Cross Obverse

Virtuti Militari Thread

Knights Cross Reverse

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Thank you very much for looking and providing this helpful information. The last one is 5th class for reference.

Hello TGAZ,

Many thanks for your reply, if you are really interested in finding an awarded Virtuti Militari, the best advice I can give you is to purchase a book that as been around for some time it is for sale on Allegro by the Author himself Wojciech Stela.

Cover of the book is below :

Virtuti Militari Thread

Just came across this one on ebay

Polish Orders and Medals vol. 5 part 1 - Virtuti Militari / Wojciech Stela | eBay

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hello Everyone

Virtuti Militari Thread
    In this study, the author did not provide the VM cross c V number awarded to general SZYMAŃSKI:
    Virtuti Militari Thread

VM c IV number 42:
    Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread
    Virtuti Militari Thread
    Virtuti Militari Thread
    Virtuti Militari Thread
    Virtuti Militari Thread
    Virtuti Militari Thread

Best wishes

Artur

Hello Artur,

Many thanks for your pots on the book about General Brygady Roman Władysław Szymański, he was awarded the Silver Virtuti Militari Numbered 4777, when serving as a Kapitan.

He was awarded the Gold Cross Virtuti Militari whilst a Plk.dypl. which was Numbered 41, the Gold Cross Numbered 42 was awarded to Pplk Henryk Świetlicki Commanding Officer of 6PPanc.

Virtuti Militari Thread

Pre 1938 photograph of Pplk.Szymański

Virtuti Militari Thread

1943 Photograph taken in Iraq Pplk.Szymański

Virtuti Militari Thread

Ancona 1944 Plk. Szymański receiving the Gold Cross Virtuti Militari from the Commander in Chief General Broni Kazimierz Sosnkowski.

Virtuti Militari Thread

1974 London Roman and Maria Szymański

Best wishes

Andrzej
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread  

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Artur,

Many thanks for your last post, in answer to your questions on the 3 Virtuti Militari recipients their Cross Numbers are as follows :

1) Kpt.sp. Stefan Bastyr VM Nr : 2930

2) Kpt. Merian Cooper VM Nr : 3024

3) Pchor Zbigniew Jaroszyński VM Nr : 4204

I hope that the above information is of some use and help to you Artur.

Best wishes

Andrzej
    Your mention of Merian Cooper: I came across a picture of (some?) of Cooper's medals in a relatives belongings.

Virtuti Militari Thread

Hello Everyone,

To follow on Chris109's post I found the following photographs of Merian Caldwell Coopers original Kościuszko Squadron Badge from 1920 :

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

Kościuszko Squadron Badge Numbered 2

Virtuti Militari Thread

Por. Crawford Kpt. Cooper Por. Rorison 1920

Best wishes

Andrzej

Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 ... LastLast