Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 ... LastLast

Virtuti Militari Thread

Article about: Hi.It's a virtuti militari thread so I'm just curious.Is that original Polish armed forces in the West virtuti with engraved 1944 date on the back? Cheers.

Definitely the connector, or the ring holder is not of sort that was used on genuine Virtuti Militari. These Crosses with small connector have been made in 1970's in Poznan, Poland. I have been told that by couple of seasoned collectors. They made silver ones and numbered ones.
    Last edited by Krakow1; 12-06-2019 at 12:41 AM.

?

Hello TGAZ

Wojskowe Biuro Historyczne

Best wishes

Artur

?

Once again

For YOU:

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

Artur
    Last edited by Wisnia; 12-05-2019 at 11:27 PM.

?

Hello Everyone

There are files in the archive and applications for awarding them. In the book I have are some biographies of awarded people and what is given for the VM is given. These biographies were probably created from the files of the WBH files.
    TGAZ-You must write to the Archive, maybe they will send a copy of the VM files or application.

For example:

Starszy ogniomistrz LEWKIEWICZ Józef awarded VM c.V number 5570:

Virtuti Militari Thread

WBH sygn.I.482.82-7867, VM and I.482.108-11716, VM

Virtuti Militari Thread

Virtuti Militari Thread

Best wishes

Artur

?

@Jaxmon and Krakow1, I appreciate the info, I want to pull on this thread a little more for continued educational purposes. Luckily these were not purchased by me so my pain tolerance is very high with the truth about these medals I have read this thread, all 56 pages about 4 times in the last 3 months, so here are some thoughts / comments and your responses are highly appreciated:

Cross #1.
    - The Hallmarks look correct to me and I assume the head is just worn. The JK is pre 1927 when Jan Knedler ran the shop (before his son Jozef took over and changed to IK). The Polish State Mint mark I used a couple sources as reference but the link below is the best one.
    -Regarding the ribbon loop, I understand that early VM had a tendency to break at the top, so these could be crude repairs?
    - I've gone back and compared the writing 'Honor I Ojczyzna' and am unable to tell the difference between this one and pictures from some that Jaxmon shared a few years ago. What specifically is 'not crisp'?
    - Regarding the casting, is it the crudeness of the side finish, the thickness or weight that gives it away?

POLAND SILVER AND GOLD HALLMARKS

Cross #2.
    - The ribbon loop, same as above, possible cheap repair?
    - Numbering, I'm unable to tell the difference between copies with 'state numbering' and this one. Are there a couple of points you can direct me to so I can look side by side with other pictures in this thread?
    - Any chance this is a copy made for a lost medal?

Thanks

Here is one , purchased indirectly. I am pretty sure the Crosses You show, TGaz are from the same source.
    Look at the top connector..... these are not crude repairs, that is how the Crosses were made.

Virtuti Militari ThreadVirtuti Militari Thread
    Last edited by Krakow1; 08-20-2021 at 10:46 PM.

TGAZ, I would highly recommend this Book if You are interested in the Virtuti Militari Cross. It is a must for any VM Collector.

Virtuti Militari Thread

?

Hi Krakow, I actually have that book and another by Stela on order but not set to arrive for a few more weeks as it's been recommended several times in this thread.

Regarding the pictures you posted of the VM I take it these are the fakes as well ...aside from the bad connector, I suppose it's not suppose to wear through the silvering like that either?

Also, I didn't get the reference to the 'certain Professor'...can you explain that?

Hello Everyone,

I came across the following Virtuti Militari Legitymacja whilst surfing the other day and thought that I would share them with you.

Virtuti Militari Thread

VM Legit Numbered : 5090 awarded to Rtm Kazimierz Romański, 20PUL

Virtuti Militari Thread

VM Legit Numbered : 617 awarded to Sierz. Jan Gruda, 30PSK

Virtuti Militari Thread

VM Legit Numbered 11152 awarded to Plut. Bronisław Dulka changed to : Sierz. Bronisław Łuczkowski, 10th Dragoons Regiment.

Virtuti Militari Thread

VM Silver Cross and Commanders Cross obverse

Virtuti Militari Thread

VM Commanders Cross obverse

Virtuti Militari Thread

Standard of 5PPLegion decorated with the ribbon of the Virtuti Militari Numbered 2929

Virtuti Militari Thread

Greatcoat belonging to General Dyw. Stefan Dąb-Biernacki awarded the Silver Cross Numbered 2899, Gold Cross Numbered 002, Knights Cross Numbered 002.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

Another Virtuti Militari Legitymacja found whilst surfing,

Virtuti Militari Thread

VM Legit Numbered : 1306

VM 1306 was awarded to Sierz. Wojciech Barej, 22PP

Whilst there where 3 Józef Nowak's awarded the Virtuti Militari

1) St.Strz. VM Nr : 1592 served with 2PSP

2) Sierz. VM Nr : 2572 served with 45PPSK

3) Ppor.sp. VM Nr : 7968 served with 5PPLeg.

Whilst Sierz Wojciech Barej served with the 22PP.

The photograph on the Legitymacja shows a Cavalry NCO with the KW.

I will leave you all to decide on this one.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 ... LastLast