Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast

Virtuti Militari Thread

Article about: Hi.It's a virtuti militari thread so I'm just curious.Is that original Polish armed forces in the West virtuti with engraved 1944 date on the back? Cheers.

Hello Andrzej. I bought this VM. I paid 35 euros. I think it's a good price. I'll try to clean it when it arrives. Regards, Adrian.

*Tony

Congrats on the new acquisition!

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default Virtuti militari V Gajewski?

Hi. Please identify Virtuti Militari. In my opinion, it is a duplicate of 2RP. VM is made of silver. Thank you Adrian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

Virtuti Militari Thread  

Hi Adrian, I would agree. a pre-WW2 jeweler's copy. I can't say for certain who the maker is, but it has characteristics of a Kazimierz Gajewski cross.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Gentlemen,
    Is it possible to get an info who was awarded by the cross number 6094?

Best!
    Serg

Posting this on behalf of a friend. Looks like a match to the cross shown in Post N 321/page 33 of this very thread, which was awarded to French general?
    Would be interesting to hear your opinions about the cross, and if all is good, any chance to have a name of the awardee? Many thanx in advance!

Best!
    Serg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Virtuti Militari Thread   Virtuti Militari Thread  

Hello Serg, this is a particularly interesting one. First off, the cross appears entirely genuine, complete with issue ribbon. According to the Wesolowski list, VM #6094 was awarded to France's Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, acknowledging the gallantry of French soldiers lost during WW1.

Regards,
    Tony

Hi Tony,
    Thank you so much! I'm astonished to say the least

Best!
    Serg

You're most welcome Serge. I'll be equally astonished if you tell me that this cross resides in your friend's collection!

Regards,
    Tony

Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast