Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Wwi - wwii ammo (legal advise needed)

Article about: Hi, I am new to the forum and need advise, I was happy to buy collection of old cartridges 1916 - 1939 Germany, UK, USSR, Japan from local flee market in Warsaw, Poland - I was assured that

Default Wwi - wwii ammo (legal advise needed)

Hi, I am new to the forum and need advise, I was happy to buy collection of old cartridges 1916 - 1939 Germany, UK, USSR, Japan from local flee market in Warsaw, Poland - I was assured that its legal and had interest actually in bigger size German stuff. I don't know how they new but police visited my house and ask for my collection inspection. They choose 6 cartridges from around 30 pcs and later informed me that 3 pcs are active ammo and its criminal case so I have face court.

I found some scientific reports that after 47 years ammo not performing and its actually from soil and corroded but local police experts not care. Probably Forum members and collectors can advise to which direction I should move and maybe we have some international experts body in EU to support me.

Thank you in advance

I recommend just getting a proper lawyer who can deal with this professionally. Ammunition is ammunition all the same, so it could still be dangerous even if the powder is corroded.

Jeeze did the coppers have a warrant to see your kit!?!

It depends what country you are in as to what powers the Police have and what is or isn't legal to possess. I am guessing you are in Europe somewhere but don't be fooled into thinking the EU rules trump national laws. The EU pretends that this is the case but it is just not true at national level.

Brexit will make things so much simpler for us and we will know much better what we can or can't do.

One thing is for sure though, if you have been charged with an offence and have to go to court you should have gotten legal advice already. If you haven't you better do so NOW!. IMO whatever country you are in you cannot trust the courts to get it right because they INTERPRET the law and that is always subjective and can change between different courts on different days. Simple traffic law or basic crime is one thing but this is something different. You should also do your own research as the average lawyer couldn't lie straight in bed

Just an opinion you understand

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 12-18-2020 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

The police in Poland seem to take notice of things like this. An example I was reading on the WAF was a guy who had his Flak38 restoration project seized by the police, so they can go over it and check for legality. From what the guy said, someone reported his social media posts to the authorities.

Also, as others have said, you must seek legal advice! And the best of luck.