Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Wz.26 Polish FURAŻERKA (Forage / Sidecap) 6 P.P.LEG.) that I bought, 100% original Prewar, please ?

Article about: Hello, Is this Wz.26 Polish FURAŻERKA (Forage / Sidecap) 6 P.P.LEG.) that I bought, 100% original Prewar, please ? It has been guaranteed 100% original by the seller. It has the the Bla

Default Wz.26 Polish FURAŻERKA (Forage cap / Side cap) 6 P.P.LEG. (Black and Red ink Regimental stamps, with written Blue ink Army Number and Name) that I bought, 100% original Prewar, please ?

Hello,

Is this Wz.26 Polish FURAŻERKA (Forage / Sidecap) from the 6 P.P.LEG.) that I bought, 100% original Prewar, please ?

It has been guaranteed 100% original by the seller.

It has the the Black and Red ink stamps of the 6th Pulk Piechoty Legionów Józefa Piłsudskiego, stationed in Wilno as part of the Wilno Garrison and a Blue ink number (probably the soldiers Army number) and name under the linen ? sweatband).

Here is a Weblink to an article about the 6 P.P.LEG. on Wikipedia in Polish -

6 Pu

It has some light surface rust to the two correct air rivets and some wear and small holes to the wool, it looks to be made of a very high quality construction and materials, very well preserved and looks old enough to be from the time.

Could the members confirm its originality (worn in the Prewar Era and September Campaign), so I can pay the seller with complete confidence, please ?

Thank you very much, in advance.

Justin

justin1939
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wz.26 Polish FURAŻERKA (Forage / Sidecap) 6 P.P.LEG.) that I bought, 100% original Prewar, please ?   Wz.26 Polish FURAŻERKA (Forage / Sidecap) 6 P.P.LEG.) that I bought, 100% original Prewar, please ?  

Wz.26 Polish FURAŻERKA (Forage / Sidecap) 6 P.P.LEG.) that I bought, 100% original Prewar, please ?   Wz.26 Polish FURAŻERKA (Forage / Sidecap) 6 P.P.LEG.) that I bought, 100% original Prewar, please ?  

Wz.26 Polish FURAŻERKA (Forage / Sidecap) 6 P.P.LEG.) that I bought, 100% original Prewar, please ?   Wz.26 Polish FURAŻERKA (Forage / Sidecap) 6 P.P.LEG.) that I bought, 100% original Prewar, please ?  

Justin, Some of the fakes out there are so well done that photos alone are often insufficient to determine authenticity. Several years back an outfit in Poland named Hero Collection produced a run of wz.37 field caps and I believe these furazerki as well that were replicated using original surviving examples as templates. These replicas were made to a very high standard using matching materials and components complete with ink stamps. Some unscrupulous types have artificially aged these to produce convincing fakes. I’m not saying this in one of them, but such is the situation that everything is guilty until proven innocent and I'm sorry I can't help authenticate this piece.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne