Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Wz.31 Polish Helmet (non-salamander - smooth paint) - 100% original ? Would have been used by Airforce, Navy, OPL, LOPP ?

Article about: I bought this helmet a while back. It has a plate saying Ludwikow Kielce 1939. Could you tell me which units it could belong to, please. The seller said it was for anti-aircraft use. This is

Default Wz.31 Polish Helmet (non-salamander - smooth paint) - 100% original ? Would have been used by Airforce, Navy, OPL, LOPP ?

I bought this helmet a while back. It has a plate saying Ludwikow Kielce 1939.

Could you tell me which units it could belong to, please.

The seller said it was for anti-aircraft use.

This is what he said -

Helmet will become polish wz.31 SZARONIEBIESKI , so, according to mr. Kijaka book of, copy for department (squad) most probably belong to 1st regiment aerial wartowniczego, so, unusually rare, or for OPL, but there was grey it this helmet be szaroniebieski. By plant of ludwik in 1939 year produced, so, original COPPER check rivet owns non-typical very ( unpunched! ) And it look (look) on internal surface figure 23 readable photo ( not enough (little) ) ( ) daszka. State (condition) good very. Maintain (behave) 70% original varnish. From thick seldom met (faced each other) wkładka brezentu, podpinka and it will will become with regulating pillows in perfect pockets.

It also has a interesting leather strip in the centre to balance the weight of the helmet.

Here are its pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wz.31 Polish Helmet (non-salamander - smooth paint) - 100% original ? Would have been used by Airforce, Navy, OPL, LOPP ?   Wz.31 Polish Helmet (non-salamander - smooth paint) - 100% original ? Would have been used by Airforce, Navy, OPL, LOPP ?  

Wz.31 Polish Helmet (non-salamander - smooth paint) - 100% original ? Would have been used by Airforce, Navy, OPL, LOPP ?   Wz.31 Polish Helmet (non-salamander - smooth paint) - 100% original ? Would have been used by Airforce, Navy, OPL, LOPP ?  

Wz.31 Polish Helmet (non-salamander - smooth paint) - 100% original ? Would have been used by Airforce, Navy, OPL, LOPP ?   Wz.31 Polish Helmet (non-salamander - smooth paint) - 100% original ? Would have been used by Airforce, Navy, OPL, LOPP ?  

Last edited by justin1939; 01-07-2010 at 04:33 AM. Reason: grammar

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Wz.31 Polish Helmet (non-salamander - smooth paint) - 100% original ? Would have been used by Airforce, Navy, OPL, LOPP ?

Hey Justin,
    With Polish wz.31`s Ive only seen originals and post-war issued ones so the shell 99% of the time is original (Inless there are fakes being made!Although I havent seen any yet).Ive seen a similar original helmet which was used by the Navy but it was a darker blue and had a net for camofloge.

Default Re: Wz.31 Polish Helmet (non-salamander - smooth paint) - 100% original ? Would have been used by Airforce, Navy, OPL, LOPP ?

Hi Justin,

Nice looking helmet. These are quite scarce. I don’t have any information about the specific units within the LOPP and OPL that used these. The seller is truthful with the information he provided.

These helmets were rejected at the factory for army use, hence the lack of an acceptance stamp on the copper control rivet. Instead of being melted down they were issued for use by paramilitary organizations. Waste not want not . . .

Again, nice helmet.

Regards,
    Tony

PS the extra leather liner strap was added for the wz.35 helmet, which used the same liner design as the wz.31 combat helmet. This extra strap was not used in any of the wz.31 combat helmets that I have seen.

Last time i was reading about this helmet on weu1918-1939.pl i read that the helmet was used by the PP (National Police) but the police helmets are normal darkish blue.