Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

10 Commando Polish BD identification

Article about: Hey guys Could anyone please tell me what the green collar kites are for? Thanks Jack

Thanks for the picture of the drawing.
    The Book I am quoting is by Marek Wronski a renown Polish Commando Expert, who has travelled to the Sikorski Museum extensively, Marek Wronski also owns a WW2 Museum in Poland and he has authored numerous books on the subject.
    The order for the Patki was :
    Navy Blue with green tab ( tab being the color of the Beret). That is an Official Order.

As fat as the round versus tombstone : in the " Piechota Polska " number 16, London 1974, it says that from the beginning of 1943 Combined Operations patch was round.

Copy of a page with the Order prescribing the Patki : It is in Polish, but it gives the Order number and the date.

Thank you, its nice to gather more info on the subject!!, i own this jacket now and its for sure original mounted, but you hear diferent storys about them.
    Also Ospreys ar well informed on the subjects they wright about.

As stated beffore the patches are ill fitted compare to the rest of the badges, my opinion is that they maybe are fitted during or just after the Italy campaign with material they had overthere!!

Thank you, its nice to find more info on the subject and for sure the book Marek write should give correct info, but Ospreys are also quit correct with the subjects the write about!
    I own this jacket now and its for sure original mounted badges, about the collar patches being ill fitted compared to the rest of the badges, i suspect the are fitted during(or just after) the Italian campaign.

Is there another Commando jacket with the navy blue collar patches?? maybe someone has pictures of this??

Here is a picture of reinactors from Swarzedz, Poland. They have been doing it for 30 years now.10 Commando Polish BD identification

Couple of period pictures. On the top : soldier on the left.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 10 Commando Polish BD identification  
    Attached Images Attached Images 10 Commando Polish BD identification 

Post # 10 the drawing : Top left same drawing as in Post #10:

found it in a Book, but this is written : " green Patki with black tab pointing to the Officer serving in Artillery "

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast