Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

1st Polish Parachute Brigade Insignia

Article about: Hi, in the spirit of trying to learn, posting here a polish paratrooper collar insignia from my own collection for thoughts and view. It is the metal version, and having looked at my referen

Default 1st Polish Parachute Brigade Insignia

Hi, in the spirit of trying to learn, posting here a polish paratrooper collar insignia from my own collection for thoughts and view. It is the metal version, and having looked at my reference books, I still cannot determine if it is a fake or real. The one thing that does stand out is that I cannot see a brass or copper base on the metal, therefore assuming that it is just one piece metal rather than flash coated, then it would indicate it is a reproduction?
    2 piece construction, with the yellow overlayed behind and beneath the grey part. I note also the metal paratroop device looks like a seam down the side, almost like a sandwich or mold seam.

Thanks for any feedback,

Paul
    1st Polish Parachute Brigade Insignia1st Polish Parachute Brigade Insignia1st Polish Parachute Brigade Insignia1st Polish Parachute Brigade Insignia

Hi Paul,
    First, this post should be in Polish Army in Exile group :-)

The cloth patch looks genuin but metal parachutist is rather a copy.
    This fastener on back is not typical for those badges.
    Rafal

Hi Rafal, thanks for taking the time to review and feedback. Would help if i placed it in the right thread/forum, so thanks for that! Would this be the correct place to ask this kind of question: Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7

Best wishes and have a great weekend, Paul

Relocating thread from pre-WW2 section. Rafal has spoken, the badge is a reproduction. And I agree that the backing tab looks rather good.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thank you Tony,

Paul