Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

24 Lancers regiment's badge opinion please

Article about: I bought this lately with an complete officer's uniform What is Your opinion about this badge

Default 24 Lancers regiment's badge opinion please

What is Your opinion about this badge

Hi Lukasz,

The badge looks quite good in these photos. Correct details and construction for the Chisholm & MacKay version. No red flags that I can see other than the threaded hole in the spinner seems to appear larger than normal. Does it spin on loosely?

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello,
    This badge seems good for me.
    Best regards.
    ZP

Hi Tony, maybe on the first look on this photo the hole in the nut appear bigger than normal, but there is a silver frame around the whole, which may look like a bigger whole. Your opinions are always important for me, so i tried to compare the spinner whole with other same badge's spinners but i didin't saw any diference. Maybe the nut has a very small loose, but works fine.

Hi again Lukasz,

Thanks. The spinner is a correct C&M type, although any signs of messing about by re-drilling and tapping would be cause for concern. Again though, the badge itself looks to be genuine. And with Ze-Pole’s thumbs up you can be confident that is very likely is. A rare and desirable badge in top condition. Congratulations if it is yours.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Thanks Tony. Yes it's mine. I bought it with complete uniform of 10 Dragoons Regiment. The uniform is dated and named on tailors label.

Very nice

Cheers,
    Tony

It has a custom made squirrel with a metal thread in the wing.

They don’t get much nicer than that. A textbook example displaying all of the characteristics one wants to see in a genuine period SD.

One request though: I noticed that you are using off-site image hosting. Please post photos directly into the this forum. Off site links die and then we’re left with a useless thread with blanks where the pictures once were.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful tunic. Please feel free to tell give us some information about the officer.

Cheers,
    Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast