Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

3 Dywizja Strzelców Karpackich - Ignacy Franuszkiewicz MC No 4379

Article about: Good day folks Another group I have just come across. Dog tags to Ignacy Franuszkiewicz with Monte Cassino Cross No 4379. Do they match and what is his unit? And do the medal ribbons belong?

Default 3 Dywizja Strzelców Karpackich - Ignacy Franuszkiewicz MC No 4379

Good day folks

Another group I have just come across. Dog tags to Ignacy Franuszkiewicz with Monte Cassino Cross No 4379. Do they match and what is his unit? And do the medal ribbons belong?

I like the plastic 8 Army badge made from the materials from one of the accordion factories in Ancona.

thanks

James3 Dywizja Strzelców Karpackich - Ignacy Franuszkiewicz MC No 43793 Dywizja Strzelców Karpackich - Ignacy Franuszkiewicz MC No 43793 Dywizja Strzelców Karpackich - Ignacy Franuszkiewicz MC No 4379
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 Dywizja Strzelców Karpackich - Ignacy Franuszkiewicz MC No 4379   3 Dywizja Strzelców Karpackich - Ignacy Franuszkiewicz MC No 4379  

3 Dywizja Strzelców Karpackich - Ignacy Franuszkiewicz MC No 4379  

TMZ
    ?

1900-12-III, st. szer., 2. komp. zaop. 3DSK

Hello James,

Many thanks for your post, when awarded the recipients details were as follows :

Surname : FRANUSZKIEWICZ

Christian Name : Ignacy

Date of Birth : 1900

Army Number : 1900-12-III

Unit 2nd Carpathian Supply Company.

By the end of the war he was a St.Szer.

Nice find, although I could not find any reference to him on the internet as to his death etc.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thanks Andrzej, That is wonderfully helpful. Thank you so much for taking the time to research these for me.

One further quick question. The small metal bar that is currently residing on the Monte Cassino cross ribbon bar is a beret rank bar for st.szer. Is that correct?

Also two silver rings. One with the Jerusalem Cross and 1942.

I assume the medal ribbons are correct for this gentleman as everything else seems to be.

Best wishes

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 Dywizja Strzelców Karpackich - Ignacy Franuszkiewicz MC No 4379   3 Dywizja Strzelców Karpackich - Ignacy Franuszkiewicz MC No 4379  

Attached Images Attached Images 3 Dywizja Strzelców Karpackich - Ignacy Franuszkiewicz MC No 4379 

Quote by TMZ View Post
    1900-12-III, st. szer., 2. komp. zaop. 3DSK
    Thanks TMZ

Hello James,

Many thanks for your post yes the Beret Rank and the ribbon bars are alright.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thanks Andrzej

Would the rank bar have been worn with a metal or cloth eagle?

Hello James,

Many thanks for your post :

Beret : Cloth Crowned Eagle or Bullion wire and metal rank

Side Cap : Metal Crowned Eagle Badge and Metal Rank

Rogatywka : Metal Crowned Eagle Cap Badge and Rank

Best wishes

Andrzej