Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

9BSF badge name identyfication help needed

Article about: Hellow guys. Can somebody help me whith 9BSF badge nr 556 name identyfication. I've heard that the name list exist. Maybe somebody can help me. Regards Lukasz

Default 9BSF badge name identyfication help needed

Hello guys. Can somebody help me whith 9BSF badge nr 556 name identyfication. I've heard that the name list exist. Maybe somebody can help me. Regards Lukasz
    Last edited by Lukasz78; 09-14-2022 at 10:25 PM.

Hello,
    This badge was to MAJKA Eugeniusz.
    Best regards.
    ZP

Thanks for Your help.
    Do You know what was his grade?

Hi guys,

It would be great to know what this thread is about?

I am sure there are others here like me who know very little about Polish items but who are interested in a wide field of militaria and like to learn about things outside our core interest.
    pictures with captions go a very long way in that regard. Polish militaria from WWII is not uncommon in UK but I always pass it by because I know so little.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 09-15-2022 at 03:35 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hello Mark,

9BSF it is a short for 9 Batalion Strzelców Flandryjskich (9th Flanders Rifle Battalion) which was a part of the 1st Polish Armoured Division under the command of General Stanisław Maczek. The Battalion fought in France, then in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany.

Badge of the 9th Flanders Rifle Battalion (obverse and numbered reverse)

Regards
    Konrad

Quote by conrado View Post
    Hello Mark,

9BSF it is a short for 9 Batalion Strzelców Flandryjskich (9th Flanders Rifle Battalion) which was a part of the 1st Polish Armoured Division under the command of General Stanisław Maczek. The Battalion fought in France, then in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany.

Badge of the 9th Flanders Rifle Battalion (obverse and numbered reverse)

Regards
    Konrad
    Excellent thank you. I assume this is a unit cap badge or breast badge rather than an award or is it a qualification?
    Now the thread means something to everyone who reads it in the future

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 09-15-2022 at 04:05 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Yes, this is a Commemorative Badge worn on the chest, attached to the left pocket. It was awarded along with the Legitymacja (ID Card).

Regards
    Konrad

Incredible set Konrad !

Thank you for sharing!!

Kind regards, Pieter.