Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 132 of 144 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1435

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

?

KW looks genuine, but number is modern-nowadays stamped.
    This cross it is for sale for quite a long time.

Hello Konrad and Tomek,

With regards to the so called numbered KW shown in Post 1310 by Konrad it is post 1992, the points that stick out are the Cross guard of the sword on the reverse and the Crowned Eagle on the obverse produced by the State Mint.

Some one has decided to number the reverse to try and make the cross look original.

Buyer beware ("caveat emptor").

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hi Konrad, this is the current Polish 3rd Republic Cross of Valour, which has had some elements redesigned. It appears genuine.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello,
    Seen on French eBay :

rare Pokalem de chasseur polonais 14-18 , pickelhaube Casque a pointe helmet | eBay

Expensive (but probably the price if it is good ?). Is it really Polish WW ? I see no eagle.
    Cheers.

I edit the post :
    Oups ! I realize I have posted on the PSZ ! I have not managed to delete the message... Sorry.

ZP

Hello Everyone,

I just put pictures of the cross as a some interesting fact. The cross is in a very bad condition, but the question is if it is genuine?
    I am very interested in your opinion, Gentlemen.

Regards,
    Konrad
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

Hi Konrad, a genuine large pattern government issue cross made by Jan Knedler. The number appears to be 10778. Shame about the damage it has sustained.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hello Everyone,

I came across the following that was sold at auction last December 2018, medals mounted in display case comp[rising of :

1) RAF Pilots Wings

2) Polish Pilots Gapa

3) Virtuti Militari Silver Cross

4) Gold Cross of Merit with Swords

5) Ribbon Bars : denoting KW, MN, SKZ, 1918-1921 Commemorative Medal, 10th Anniversary of Independence Medal, Allied Victory Medal WW1.

6) 1914 German Iron Cross

All the items belonged to Major pilot P1181 Stanisław Zygmunt Żarski, killed in an Air Accident 29th March 1943

Pre 1939 photograph of Major Stanisław Zygmunt Żarski

Stanisław Zygmunt Żarski was awarded the Silver Cross Virtuti Militari Numbered 254, KW, ZKZzM, MN, SKZ ML x 2 etc.

No price realised has been released though the local newspaper stated estimate £400-£600, when bidding started on the day it started at £2,500.00p. But the paper did not mention what the final hammer price was.

For our records

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thanks Andrzej. The VM is a post war Delande made cross, not the one he is wearing in the photograph, which is presumably his officially awarded cross (as it appears to be). And the ribbon bar does not correctly reflect his decorations. £2,500+ is definitely steep for an incomplete and what appears to be a cobbled together set.

Regards,
    Tony

?

posrebrzane pudelko do cygar pszz 8385309998 - Allegro.pl

this box could be from a pilot, but I don't think it's original?

Hello Mittra,

I can not comment on the box itself, but can add the following information on Marcin Machowiak

Date of Birth : 7th April 1916 in Bochum

Squadron : 306 Fighter Squadron P.A.F.

Awards : Virtuti Militari Numbered 8581, KW x 4, ML x 2

Date of Death : 22nd July 1944

Place of Burial Northwood Cemetery

Photograph of Marcin Machowiak

Best wishes

Andrzej