Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 93 of 144 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 103 143 ... LastLast

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

Article about: yes Gary this is correct all three samples are from England and not Middle East will seek additional photos of the Middle East

?

Gentlemen, how about this para wing? It is listed as original however looks like a cheap copy to me (or am I wrong?):

Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?

It's a "Hartenstein" as they're sometimes called, produced roughly twenty years ago by the Airborne Museum 'Hartenstein' in Oosterbeek, Holland. Pictured below is one with a combat wreath. These are collectible in their own right due to their association with the museum.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

One of the most expensive poor copies ever sold!
    :-)

Good day Folks

What do you make of this Sapper badge for sale on Allegro
    odznaka saperzy pszz (6344518777) - Allegro.pl - Wi

Is it really by Lorioli? Looks bad to me. No maid on the shield.

Many thanks

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?   Auction items .. Good, Bad or Indifferent ?  

?

I don't like it. The only one real example I know is made by a die stamp (mint) technique, where back of the badge mirrors the front. Also the screw nut should be different. Below is example from the book by Sawicki-Wojciechowski which I believe is a genuine one:

Yes that's what I thought. The ones I have are exactly like that - die stamped.

Thanks for the confirmation.

?

Guys, what do you think about this BD? I have mixed feelings...

WWII Polish 2nd Corps NCO British Battle Dress Jacket w Insignia Pocket Badge | eBay

Hi Esco,

It's a badged up 1949 pattern BD.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

And someone has bid on that crap... makes me want to badge up a 49 pattern jacket now "Rare Korean war Polish Death Brigade Battledress 6 time Virtuti Prostituti recipient"

?

That's what I thought. Plus all the badges look like replicas. How about other listings from that seller? Anything worth attention?

Page 93 of 144 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 103 143 ... LastLast