Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

can you please assist to identify this french / polish helmet

Article about: Dear Members , can you please assist , i have an opportunity to purchase this helmet , but I'm not sure if this is original there are many '' assembly '' on the market the helmet doesn't hav

Default can you please assist to identify this french / polish helmet

Dear Members ,
    can you please assist ,
    i have an opportunity to purchase this helmet , but I'm not sure if this is original
    there are many '' assembly '' on the market
    the helmet doesn't have any markings inside the helmet can you please assist to identify this french / polish helmetcan you please assist to identify this french / polish helmetcan you please assist to identify this french / polish helmet

best Regards and Marry Christmas

The photos aren't great, but it appears to be an M26 Adrian helmet. I found this information after a quick Google:

''This Polish M26 Infantry Helmet is a standard French M26 Adrian helmet in dark brown paint, this was issued to Polish forces in exile in France in 1940 which numbered four Infantry Divisions.
    The metal disc badge of a Polish Eagle was made in France before the occupation, however few of these helmets complete with the emblem arrived together and many troops resorted to painting the Eagle insignia to the front of the helmet by hand.''

Regards, B.B.

Default wz 26 French / Polish helmet

can you please assist to identify this french / polish helmetcan you please assist to identify this french / polish helmetcan you please assist to identify this french / polish helmet

in regards to previous post i'm attaching better pictures for evaluation .
    i'm wondering if it is 100 % original and how much is worth in this condition ?

Best Regards

It looks fine to me, but I'm afraid I'm no expert on Adrian helmets. As for value, that's something you'd have to figure out for yourself by looking at average market prices. We don't generally do evaluations on this forum.

Regards, B.B.

Thank you Brodie

Regards Chris

Hi Chris, I'm moving this thread to the appropriate section. The eagle is a modern copy.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Terrible with the Adrian! two years ago, I was in Prague, in a shop. The dealer was transforming one French helmet in one CZ helmet, changing the badge...
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/