Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Cardinal Władysław Rubin in the 2nd Polish Corps

Article about: Hello Everyone and Andrzej, I would kindly like to ask about Polish bishop Władysław Rubin. I would like to know in what unit he served whilst he was in the 2nd Corps. He was in the rank o

Default Cardinal Władysław Rubin in the 2nd Polish Corps

Hello Everyone and Andrzej,

I would kindly like to ask about Polish Cardinal Władysław Rubin. I would like to know in what unit he served whilst he was in the 2nd Corps. He was in the rank of plutonowy podchorąży (Lance Sergeant/Officer Cadet).

Plut. pchor. Władysław Rubin whilst serving in the Anders' Army in Iraq in 1943

Cardinal Władysław Rubin

I assume that he was in the 17 Pułk Piechoty, 6 Dywizja Piechoty (17th Infantry Regiment, 6th Infantry Division) as my uncle in the rank of Lieutenant was his commander and he served in this unit. When they met again years later in Scotland plut. pchor. Władysław Rubin was a Bishop and he joked to my uncle that at the time when they were in the Anders' Army my uncle was his commander and this time he is my uncle's commander in the confessional during confession - then my uncle questioned him, and now he is questioning my uncle.

Andrzej or anyone, are you able to confirm whether actually plut. pchor. Władysław Rubin served in the 17 Pułk Piechoty during his service in the Anders' Army?

Thank you in advance
    Konrad

Hello Konrad,

Unfortunately there are only 2 Rubin's Listed in the 5KDP :

1) Por. Jan Kazimierz Rubin, Born in 1909, Army Number : 1909-131-III, Unit : 14BS, MCC Numbered : 16223

2) Kan. Izaak Rubin, Born in 1919, Army Number : 1919-40-III, Unit : 5PAPLotn., MCC Numbered : 23335.

I have also checked through the Rubin's awarded the Monte Cassino Cross, but unfortunately no Władysław Rubin is Listed as a Recipient Konrad.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thank you very much Andrzej.

There was some misunderstanding. Plut. pchor. Władysław Rubin did not participate in the Italian Campaign. He served in the Anders' Army only in the USSR and Iraq and then he was sent to Beirut, Liban where in 1943–1946 he studied theology at the University of St. Joseph.

I just hoped that you have information regarding his service in the Anders' Army in 1941-1943. I think that he was in the 17 Pułk Piechoty, 6 Dywizja Piechoty (17th Infantry Regiment, 6th Infantry Division) as my uncle in the rank of Lieutenant was his commander. My uncle served in this unit during his stay in the USSR, Iraq and so on (in the Middle East).

Regards
    Konrad