Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Article about: Dear friends, I would like to propose posting a new thread with regards to the Krzyz Waleczny or Cross of Valour. i love this medal it is a personal favourite of mine. What i hope hope to ac

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    (...) Some lowlife shyster has used images of my genuine example, doctored it up, and now trolls for victims. (...)
    Hi Tony,

Watermarks should prevent counterfeiting.

Cheers,
    Kosa

Hi Kosa,

Sure, watermarks would help. Although I don’t know of any card type legitymacji that used watermarks.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Hi Kosa,

Sure, watermarks would help. Although I don’t know of any card type legitymacji that used watermarks.

Regards,
    Tony
    Hahaha...I don't know either I meant to say you might want to watermark your photos to prevent counterfeiting.

Best,
    Kosa

Quote by kosa View Post
    Hahaha...I don't know either I meant to say you might want to watermark your photos to prevent counterfeiting. . .
    Haha, sorry for the misunderstanding. Yeah, I’ve been hit and miss with the watermarking thing. On many of my pics I put in on the bottom left hand of the image, situated so as not to obscure the view of the item. I might need to rethink my approach. Although even with water marks a clever counterfeiter can erase them without too much effort. Maybe it’s time to stop posting photos altogether!

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

(...)I am presently caught up in trying to recover funds spent on such a fake sold by allegro seller " gajosgg ". I helped a friend with a purchase as he was having trouble with his account. The legitymacja that arrived was an inkjet fake. The seller was given the proof that it is fake but refuses a refund. The matter is being taken up with allegro. Remember gajosgg and avoid this scumbag.(...)
    Counterfeiting is a crime and I would notify the Police.

Best,
    Kosa

Hi Kosa,

If I was certain the seller is the counterfeiter then I would consider this avenue. A dispute was filed via allegro and the seller has finally responded that he will refund the money on receipt of the item, but with the idiotic statement “how will I know that you are sending back the same legitymacja?”. Typical with crooks, they think that everyone is as corrupt as they are. Fortunately I have a friend – also a militaria collector and member of this forum - who lives near the seller and will return the item in person.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Last edited by A.J. Zawadzki; 09-14-2017 at 11:13 PM.

?

Hi Kosa,

If I was certain the seller is the counterfeiter then I would consider this avenue. (...)
    Hi Tony,

Let's the cops decide If he’s not the counterfeiter cops won’t hurt him much

Moderator note:
    Remainder of post moved:

Polish Military Cemeteries
    Last edited by A.J. Zawadzki; 09-15-2017 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Moved potion of post to Polish Military Cemeteries thread

Hello Everyone,

Whilst on Holiday I picked the following up, I have replaced the original ribbon which was an hook and eye type that had been cut, I would like your thoughts on what I bought.

Obverse

Reverse

I await your thoughts on this Cross

Many thanks

Andrzej

p.s. click to enlarge the photographs.

Hi Andrzej, these are perhaps the most difficult KW's to authenticate from photos alone. The Warton copies are so well made that one almost needs a hands on inspection to differentiate them for the orginal Huguenin made crosses. There are three things to check: 1) genuine crosses are of a darker alloy than the light brass Warton copies; 2) genuine crosses have a 'sandy' surface finish that is most clearly visible in those crosses that remain in very good unworn condition; 3) genuine crosses are suspended from ribbon rings that are soldered. Warton copies, at least those I've owned and seen, have non-soldered rings.

Best wishes on this one. Genuine Hugeunin KW's are among the most sought after.

Cheers,
    Tony

?

Im think this is Kw pos. 24a from Krogulec book, but this ribbon is correct?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast