Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast

Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Article about: Dear friends, I would like to propose posting a new thread with regards to the Krzyz Waleczny or Cross of Valour. i love this medal it is a personal favourite of mine. What i hope hope to ac

I should have added that this KW type can be positively dated to late 1940's clandestine production as Jan Rodowicz was re-buried with both his VM and KW on March 1, 1949. His initial burial after brutal torture and murder by the communists was January 12, 1949.

Here’s an example from my collection:
    Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

I not found in the Krogulec book.
    This is not 22, but the eagle is similar
    Any suggestions
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

Hi Tomek, it’s a #30. Post WW2 production, supposedly by the elder Panasiuk, Jozef. This cross is patterned on the Kretschmer made KW (#23). If you put them side by side you’ll see the many similarities.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

?

Thank you Tony! "Copy" but nice work
    Last edited by Tomek; 12-01-2017 at 02:47 PM.

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    I should have added that this KW type can be positively dated to late 1940's clandestine production as Jan Rodowicz was re-buried with both his VM and KW on March 1, 1949. His initial burial after brutal torture and murder by the communists was January 12, 1949.

Regards,
    Tony
    Hi Tony,

OT but important while on Jan Rodowicz a.k.a "Anoda". He is buried in Warsaw at Old/Stare Powązki, section/kwatera 228, row/rząd 1.

Cheers,
    Kosa

?

An interesting set, the awards of General Brigade Antoni Grudziński.
    Cross of Valour , Krogulec 25 with II RP ribbon
    Photo from another thread from andrzejku98
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

You’ll see such apparent anomalies in several displays at the PISM displays, with General Anders’ decorations being another example. The #25 was made expressly for the veteran market as a replacement cross. So if this is indeed a set of decorations that belonged to Grudzinski (rather than a representative set assembled for display) then it does stand to reason that he may have obtained a #25 to replace his missing pre-WW2 KW.

The VM in this grouping is a Spink & Son product that some claim is the final pattern made well after the war. One source propagating this is a popular website picturing types of VM’s produced over the years. I am increasingly of the opinion that this is in fact the earliest pattern, produced during the war years. But, this would not be a topic for this thread . . .

Regards,
    Tony

Hi All,

in "Monte Cassino Cross" thread was reported a lot from last DNW auction with three MCC. But this lot included also two KW (and two other medals). Can anyone identify them? Are they British made?

regards
    Tomasz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types   Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types  

PS. I have a very similiar cross to the right one. Is that the same type?

Hello Tomasz,

Many thanks for your post the photograph showing the DNW Auction KW the left one is by Spink and Son Ltd, London, the other is also WW2 production but I do not know the Manufacturer.

Tony will be the best person to answer this question for you Tomasz.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast