Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Dog Tags & ID Bracelets: Types and Information Thread.

Article about: Hello guys, I am Always very intrested in personal items and i like them very much, but sometimes you find not enough information for a item. just as I have encountered for these dog tags. T

Recently acquired these, my grandfather's tags, from my uncle, thought I'd post them up

Does anyone know what the 3/1 on the tags denotes, any info welcome, thanks

Hello Bennett74,

Welcome to the Forum, with regards to your Grandfathers ID Tags :

AP = Polish Army

RZ KAT = Roman Catholic

1920 = Year of Birth

3 = 3rd Soldier born in 1920 to be listed

1 = 1st Polish Corps in United Kingdom

Hope that this helps you

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello, I add to the thread my 2nd Polish Corps tags. I was wondering if someone could gave me some information about unit and service where they served? It seems some of you have access to some Polish databases...

DZIADOWICZ STANISLAW 1910

Thanks in advance!

Kowicki marian 1911

Sadlowski Jan 1910

This amazing set found as it is belonged to Lucjan Mroz 1920.

Dog Tags & ID Bracelets: Types and Information Thread.Dog Tags & ID Bracelets: Types and Information Thread.Dog Tags & ID Bracelets: Types and Information Thread.Dog Tags & ID Bracelets: Types and Information Thread.Dog Tags & ID Bracelets: Types and Information Thread.

Hello Unknown Soldier,

I can only help you with 2 of the ID Tags that you have :

1) Plutonowy (Lance Sergeant) Lucjan Mróz, 1920-125-III, Unit : P6Panc (6th Armoured Regiment), Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 30732

2) Bombadier (Lance Corporal/Artillery) Stanisław Dziadowicz, 1910-100-III, Unit : 4PAL, 5KDP, Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 20087

I sincerely hope that the above information is of some use and help to you Unknown Soldier.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hi Andzrej,

Thank you very much for your answer -- really appreciate! I see in some other threads concearning Montecassino crosses you managed to find out also death year and place, I was wondering if you can manage for these 2 as well.

Any clue why information about soldiers of the other 2 tags aren't available? Thank you very much for your help again.

Hello Unknown Soldier,

Many thanks for your post I have only been able to find one Stanisław Dziadowicz, in 1954 he married Kate Frances Rose Kibble (Born 1921), the next record was the death of Stanisław Dziadowicz in 1961 in Andover in Hampshire in the UK. Kate Frances Rose Dziadowicz died on the 27th March 1994 and is buried with her husband.

Unfortunately I could not determine which Lucjan Mróz born in 1920 was the Plutonowy (Lance Sergeant) in the 6th Armoured Regiment.

I sincerely hope that the above information is of some use and help to you Unknown Soldier

Best wishes

Andrzej

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast