Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

General Władysław Anders awards some soldiers

Article about: Hello Everyone, I found two photographs on which General Władysław Anders awards some soldiers: General Anders awarding with the Cross of Valour three soldiers. 1st form the left is Polish

Default General Władysław Anders awards some soldiers

Hello Everyone,

I found two interesting photographs on which General Władysław Anders awards some soldiers:

General Anders awarding with the Cross of Valour three soldiers. 1st form the left is a Polish 2nd Lieutenant of the 2nd Polish Corps (?), in the middle is a British Parachute soldier of the 2nd Parachute Brigade (?) and on the right is some British Officer (?).

In the first photo the Polish 2nd Lieutenant has the Cross of Valor, so it looks like it is the KW. However, in the second photo the British soldier does not have this award and it looks like he should have already been awarded... unless the General started decorating from the right side...

If you have more information about who is in the photos, ranks and units of the soldiers, when the photos were taken, etc., please write.

Regards
    Konrad

TMZ
    ?

The second British soldier looks to be a member of RTR - Royal Tank Regiment - as the badge on his arm suggests.

Regards,

Ted

TMZ
    ?

Also my understanding is that British soldiers would not be permitted to wear a 'foreign' medal unless given specific permission to do so.

So I think in the photos Gen. Anders is therefore giving the British soldiers their medals in a presentation case (in his left hand in each photo) rather than affixing to their chest.

(British soldiers awarded Polish medals would make a nice complement to the British awards to Poles thread.)

Regards,

Ted