Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

golden scorpion-4th Skorpion Armoured Regimient-I need information

Article about: Hello everybody! my grandfather, Sergiusz Krylow, was a combatant from 4th Skorpion Armoured Regimient. Between his awards he had a golden scorpion with ruby eyes. Unfortunately it was stole

RoK
    ?

Post golden scorpion-4th Skorpion Armoured Regimient-I need information

Hello everybody!
    my grandfather, Sergiusz Krylow, was a combatant from 4th Skorpion Armoured Regimient. Between his awards he had a golden scorpion with ruby eyes. Unfortunately it was stolen, he never spoke about it, and I am curious, what was it? It's possible that there are other 7 golden scorpions (he just said it, seems it was for a little group).
    If someone has information, please, I would love to know a little more about his amazing story.
    Thank you!!
    Ro.

Default Re: golden scorpion-4th Skorpion Armoured Regimient-I need information

It is a fascinating story!

Your grandfather's golden "skorpion" with its ruby eyes may have been made by jewellers in Palestine as a customer order. It was quite common for soldiers to have pieces specially made as gold was relatively inexpensive and there were many high quality goldsmiths skilled enough to produce one-off designs for Polish servicemen stationed in Palestine and Egypt. Or maybe the ruby eyed "skorpions"were produced by jewellers in Argentina for your grandfather and his small group of veterans? Such a pity it was stolen
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

RoK
    ?

Default Re: golden scorpion-4th Skorpion Armoured Regimient-I need information

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    It is a fascinating story!

Your grandfather's golden "skorpion" with its ruby eyes may have been made by jewellers in Palestine as a customer order. It was quite common for soldiers to have pieces specially made as gold was relatively inexpensive and there were many high quality goldsmiths skilled enough to produce one-off designs for Polish servicemen stationed in Palestine and Egypt. Or maybe the ruby eyed "skorpions"were produced by jewellers in Argentina for your grandfather and his small group of veterans? Such a pity it was stolen
    I'm sorry for the late response thank you for your answer. It was a present, I'm sure, but I don't know the details. The situation of the group in the arrival to Argentina was really difficult, without money, job and a place for living, he brought it from Europe. I will try to find something else, if I do it, of course I will share it
    thanks for all your help
    Best regards
    Ro.