Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Help to give an name at this Officer of 3th polish corps

Article about: I have round medals and badges of An polish Officer unfortunately I don't have any info about this soldier have an impressive numbers of polish Medal of Bravery and the Monte Cassino cross h

Default Help to give an name at this Officer of 3th polish corps

I have found medals and badges of an polish Officer unfortunately I don't have any info about this soldier that have an impressive numbers of polish Medal of Bravery and the Monte Cassino cross with an very low number 1204.
    Please help me . Thanks to all
    Last edited by Raffaello Carola; 11-06-2021 at 10:34 PM.

Virtuti Military cross number 8553

Virtuti Militari Cross # 8553 belonged to Ppor. (Lieutenant) Adolf Chomicki, Unit 3 DSK. II polish Corps. Can you post pictures of the items please ?

Unfortunately I'm not paid member. I think this officer after the war live in Italy
    Last edited by Raffaello Carola; 11-06-2021 at 10:35 PM.

Quote by Krakow1 View Post
    Virtuti Militari Cross # 8553 belonged to Ppor. (Lieutenant) Adolf Chomicki, Unit 3 DSK. II polish Corps. Can you post pictures of the items please ?
    Thanks send me your email I send the photos and after you added at discussion

Hello Raffaello,

Many thanks for your post with regards to Por. Adolf Chomicki at the time of the award of the Monte Cassino Cross his details were as follows :

Surname : Chomicki

Christian Name : Adolf

Date of Birth : 1913

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1913-70-III

Unit : 3KBSap (3rd Carpathian Engineers Battalion)

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 1204

Also awarded the Silver Cross Virtuti Militari Numbered : 8553, also awarded the KW (Cross of Valour) and by the end of the war in Europe had been poromoted to Porucznik (Lieutenant).

Help to give an name at this Officer of 3th polish corps

Por. Adolf Chomicki.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Thanks Andrzej! added the Italian Bravery Valour Military cross next time I post
    all the photos of medals and badges. Bardzo Dzjkuie

scan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help to give an name at this Officer of 3th polish corps   Help to give an name at this Officer of 3th polish corps  

Help to give an name at this Officer of 3th polish corps   Help to give an name at this Officer of 3th polish corps  

cloth badge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help to give an name at this Officer of 3th polish corps