MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

a help to identify numbers and units

Article about: a help to identify numbers and units for me it is possible red triangle on black with number 40 HQ

?

Default a help to identify numbers and units

for me it is possible red triangle on black with number 40 HQ

Hello mittra,

I hope it will be some helpful to you:

Dowództwo Oddziałów Zaopatrywania i Transportu - Command of the Supply and Transport Units

In the center, the marking: 954II - 40

This red triangle could stand for the 1st Squadron of the 4th Armoured Regiment "Skorpion".

Regards
    Konrad

?

Thanks so much for this important help! and the two letters D.A are the initials of a name of the Command?

mjr Dzięciołowski Antoni ? possible

Hello mittra,

Captain/Major Antoni Dzięciołowski was the Commander of the 3rd Squadron, not 1st.

Maybe some other forum member will be able to help you more.

Regards
    Konrad

?

Plut Deja Augustyn ?

Hello there mittra!

I will check your sign on 10th of January in the following book:a help to identify numbers and units

Regards, Valerii

Hello there everyone!

I have checked information from the book above:
    As I understood soldier from the mittra's post served for sure inside 1st Squadron of the 4th Armoured Regiment "Skorpion" most of all inside one of the units from Armored repair service(Czołówka naprawcza). Konrad was absolutly right in his answer above.
    Post for your observe all images available about this regiment from the book:

a help to identify numbers and unitsa help to identify numbers and units
    a help to identify numbers and unitsa help to identify numbers and unitsa help to identify numbers and unitsa help to identify numbers and units

Think that the number 954II-40 most of all was his vehicle number or may be but not sure it can be his pesonal army #(954/II).
    First version you can try to check Unit Chronicles of 4th Armored Regiment via PISM in London. It should include information about all vehicles and thier soldiers.
    Please check how is it possible to start the online request:
    Send Research Enquiry | PISM
    Second versione please ask Andrzej kindly check for you the recipients numbers from 28989-29672.

Regards, Valerii

hi valerii
    in this book does it name tank crews?, my father was in 6th armoured regiment , ( 1921-109-111) Edward Burak,as a pancerny ( tank driver) but i have never been able to find which squadron, or crew mates names etc, is there such a list?
    thanx anthony

Hello there Antony!

Unfortunatly this book do not include such information, but you still possible to find that inside 6th armoured regiment "children of Lwow" unit chronicles (Please contact PISM in London, information above)
    Also if you have some photos of your father's crew somethere near his tank think I can help you to identify his squadron.

Regards, Valerii

thanks velerri, unfortunately i dont have any photos of crew or tank, i found his name in the regiment magazine ( top of page) i have but no mention of crew etc.a help to identify numbers and unitsa help to identify numbers and unitsa help to identify numbers and units

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast