Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

information

Article about: Hi Joseph, by joseph barrett . . . He received 4 medals Polish- Cross of Valour, Army medal British Italy Star,the war medal 1939-45 . . . I can find the British ones easy but have no idea w

Default Re: information

Hi Joseph,

Quote by joseph barrett View Post
    . . . He received 4 medals
    Polish- Cross of Valour, Army medal
    British Italy Star,the war medal 1939-45 . . .
    I can find the British ones easy but have no idea with the Polish ones can anyone point me in the right direction . . .
    Both the Polish Cross of Valour and the Army Medal for War remain relatively plentiful, although copies exist that you’ll of course want to avoid.

With the Cross of Valour you’ll want an ‘exile issue’ of a type known to have been issued to the 2nd Corps. There were many variants of this cross produced, and often pre-war made crosses along with the current post 1990 issue get confused for the exile made crosses. To those unfamiliar with this decoration most of the crosses look very much the same. The correct cross for you will have the date “1920”, and have a white ribbon with two red bands. The most common issues for the Polish 2nd Corps are covered in the thread devoted to this decoration here: Cross of Valour (Krzyz Walecznych) - Exile Types

With the Army Medal, there were also several variants. Fortunately, the most common type was the one typically issued to the 2nd Corps. Picture below is an example of this medal, often called the “London type”.

As far as current market value, you should be able to purchase a correct Cross of Valour on period issue ribbon for under $150. The Army Medals are selling for around $50-75.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture information   information  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default Re: information

Thanks Tony much appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2