Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Information about uncle

Article about: search any information about my uncle Edward Szczotka 07.07.1926 years

Default Information about uncle

search any information about my uncle Edward Szczotka 07.07.1926 years

Default II Corps of Polish

J looking information about my uncle. Edward Szczotka 07.07.1926 years. What this is uniform ???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Information about uncle  

Regarding the patch it's 2nd Polish Corps.

Hello Oberschlesien45,

May I be the first to welcome you to the War Relics Forum, to continue with the photograph rsunday is correct that the left sleeve patch is the 2nd Corps, but I can not make out the patch on his right sleeve.

He is a Lance Corporal denoted by the stripe on his epaulette and beneath the crowned eagle on his beret.

I have looked through the 3DSK soldiers lists and was only able to find the following : Alojzy, Jan, Jozef, Ludwik, Walenty. none of them where born in 1926.

So therefore possibly 5KDP or 2nd Armoured Brigade, or if the photograph is post 1945 then either 5KDP, 2nd Armoured Division or 14th Armoured Brigade.

The only other information I was able to find which you probably already know, he married Mary Fitzgerald in 1951 in Staffordshire and Edward died in Leek, Staffordshire in 2000.

Do you know where your uncle was born in Poland

Best wishes

Andrzej

Appears to be US M-44 ' Ike ' Jacket

Andrzeju dziękuję Ci za wszystko. Ustalam szlak bojowy mojego wujka. Czy w Anglii są jakieś informacje w jakiej formacji wojskowej był wujek - piechota, artyleria, samochody, saper. Czy walczył pod gen. Andersen o Bolonie, Ankone...? I co to są paski na mundurze. W innym poście umieszczę pradziadka Antoni Kupka 30.04.1907 any information?

Andrzeju i przyjaciele czy są w Anglii jakieś informacje Po stronie Wehrmachtu o wujka Edwardzie.

Taką zgadza się moja ciotka ma 88 lat Marry i mieszka w Leek Staffordshire. Czy są jakieś zdjęcia mojego wujka w internecie ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Information about uncle   Information about uncle  

Information about uncle   Information about uncle  

Information about uncle  

Andrew, thank you for your help. My uncle was born in Poland exactly 07.07.1926 year. He married his aunt Marry probably in 1951. They lived near Stoke Trand. They had one child, Teresa. I'm interested in the combat trail my uncle - especially in a time uncle went to gen. Anders' Second Corps of Polish ??? Is England are any documents in the course of service with the Wehrmacht?

The photo is taken in 1946 in March. Mr. Andrew or uncle was a soldier of 14 Armoured Brigade, which was part of the 2 Armoured Brigade? What do you think?
    Last edited by Oberschlesien45; 01-24-2017 at 10:01 PM.

My uncle was born in Upper Silesia Skoczow, Kiczyce. Mr. Andrew. Where could my uncle fight under the aegis of the gene. Anders? Do you have also such information. I mean the moment of entering the gen. Anders when he was in the month, 1944 or 1945?
    Last edited by Oberschlesien45; 01-24-2017 at 10:05 PM.

Ladies and gentlemen, if there are any questions please ask. All correct what you said Andrzej ... muj uncle married a Mary resident in 1 Trafford Close, Leek, Staffordshire ST13 5 BG. My aunt Teresa daughter of my uncle wrote - I am really interested in helping you to find out more about my Dad. I will contact the APC Polish Enquiries department to see if they have any information.

My Dad didn't fight in Germany - the Germans took him and his father (my grandfather) to work there as slave labourers. They were separated and Dad was sent to work on a farm in Bavaria. He escaped and was on the run. After a long time he arrived in northern Italy where he met up with the Polish Corps in the Allied Army. He worked clearing mines in Italy - at Monte Cassino - and then was brought to England where he met my Mum and decided to stay.

My Mum's family is from Ireland originally. Her name before marriage was Fitzgerald and the family came from the Roscommon district in Ireland. My grandmother and my Mum were born in Manchester. My grandfather died when my Mum was 7 years old - I don't know where he was born.

Where do I learn more about my uncle. Mainly need are interested in what military formation, unit - infantry, artillery, engineer. You can check it exactly?
    Last edited by Oberschlesien45; 01-24-2017 at 10:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast