Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

information required about Polish badges & polish highlanders?

Article about: hi guys this is my first post and i am asking for help. as part of a big collection i just purchased there was these two badges. i have no idea if they are good or bad or what they are but i

Tony - I was told many years ago about the Pin attachments. in 1928 Pilsudski ordered all pin mountings removed and replaced with screw backs. True or Not ???? I have a badge that was altered/Users/bobm/Desktop/P4290001.jpg/Users/bobm/Desktop/P4290002.jpg

Poiishboy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture information required about Polish badges & polish highlanders?   information required about Polish badges & polish highlanders?  

Hello Polishboy,

A good looking example of a modified 2nd Legions Infantry Brigade badge. This was a very common alteration with these badges, although I am unaware that it was a result of any formal order. In 1928 Marshal Pilsudski had many more pressing matters on his mind than badge fastening methods. But that's not to say that the Ministry of Military Affairs did not have something to say on the matter, although if they did it would likely apply only to new badge production rather than it being retroactive to existing badges. I can't see the logic in ordering existing pinback badges to be modified to a different fastening method. I suspect the change to threaded post and spinner was a preference of the individual as this was the fastening method employed on the vast majority of badges.

As an aside, it is worth noting that 1928 was a significant year for the Polish military badge. It was the tenth anniversary of many of the regiments formed at the time of the Polish nation was reborn and the army was being assembled, and this prompted badge redesigns. Some of the changes were also the result of the standardization of regulations implemented this year which affected sizes and design aspects along with award protocols and even uniform display. Prior to 1928 each individual regiment or unit was free to determine these things on their own.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2