Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Krzyz Zeslania Sybiru

Article about: I really need help as im sure my great aunt deserves to be awarded the "krzyz zeslania sybiru" even though she passed away a few years ago. Does anyone know how to go about applyin

Default Krzyz Zeslania Sybiru

I really need help as im sure my great aunt deserves to be awarded the "krzyz zeslania sybiru" even though she passed away a few years ago.
    Does anyone know how to go about applying for one?
    it would mean a world to me and my family if this was possible.
    Thank you

Default Re: Krzyz Zeslania Sybiru

Thanks but already found the application form.
    (needed to know how to say application form in polish - formularz wniosku)

in case anyone wants to go about doing the same as me, here is a link to some application forms for awards for their family members.
    All application forms are in Polish though.

Hope this helps!

Good luck with your application Kuba3DSK but I am not sure if this particular decoratiion can be awarded posthumously though. When/where was you great aunt deported to in USSR?

ps. you did not put the link to the application forms you found in your previous post?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Krzyz Zeslania Sybiru  
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

All i know is that she and her family were all taken in to Sybir (not sure where exactly).
    I think it can be awarded posthumously as i found on one website that "the person to which the cross will be awarded had to be alive on the day of 1st october 2004".

Also here is the link to the forms:

Akty prawne i formularze wniosków / Ordery i odznaczenia / Aktualno

?

Unfortunately the medal can not officially be awarded posthumously.

A site to check though .....

Index of Victims of Soviet Repression

Regards

Gary J.

Hi Gary,

On this website it says that as long as the person was alive at the time of the act being passed through they can be awarded with it.
    chack it out (its in polish).
    Krzy
    cheers

It is not entirely clear if the website is stating that the decoration can made to those living in 2004 and have since died or that they must be still living at the time the decoration is awarded? The application form asks for the recipients permenant address etc but makes no note of a death certificate which is normally required to apply for posthumous awards along with proof of kinship ie. the requester is actually the legal next of kin etc.

Also without your knowing exactly where, when and from whence your great aunt was deported I don't think you will have enough information to complete the application form?

Maybe a quick phone call to Polish Embassy in London would confirm?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

It's one of those things that when they announce an award, to limit claims and counter claims, living persons with proof of entitlement are processed and accepted.
    My father had been long dead when the award was issued, ... I basically just got hold of one on the open market on his behalf.

Regards

Gary J.

nitam
    ?

Hi,
    all Sybiraks being alive on 2004 can be given Krzyz - doesnt matter if alive or already passed.
    If you search for information where your aunt was deported - see database : indeks.karta.org.pl.
    Maybe your aunt is listed there.

If you need help with Polish, I'm happy to help with the application.

Nita