Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Kziazeczka Uposazenia Oficera - Officers Record of Service - PPOR Jan Boguslawski

Article about: Can Anyone tell me anything about PPOR Boguslawski? I've had this for a while and never done any digging into his service, there are more pages showing pay but I don't think they will add mu

?

Default Kziazeczka Uposazenia Oficera - Officers Record of Service - PPOR Jan Boguslawski

Can Anyone tell me anything about PPOR Boguslawski? I've had this for a while and never done any digging into his service, there are more pages showing pay but I don't think they will add much as they are basically repeats of the 5th scan

Thanks in advance

Alistair

Kziazeczka Uposazenia Oficera - Officers Record of Service - PPOR Jan Boguslawski

Hello there Alistair!

Looks like ppor Jan Boguslawski served in the I Korpus Polski.

I Korpus Polski (PSZ) – Wikipedia, wolna encyklopedia

On the page № 4 which as i understood describe changes during the military service,
    I see kind of rozkaz which was published by dowodcy I Korpusu Polskiego (mark the red one)

It will be grate if you can translate the letters, which I marked by the black one.

From the Kresy-Sibiria site I have found Jan Boguslawski in rank plutonowy served in
    3 DSK 12 Pułk Ułanów Lubelskich

>> Profil

From IPN(INDEKS REPRESJONOWANYCH) can find the following information:

As you can see this soldier arrived in the Polski Korpus to the place Buzułuk,
    while the soldiers who served in a 2 Korpus Polski got in ordinary at Tockoje.
    May be it can mean that this soldier served in the I Korpus Polski?
    You should ask about that other members on this forum.

Also I advise you to ask Andrzej{andrzejku98} from the group of Monte Cassino cross, to check the list of recipients Monte Cassino Cross award.
    May be he can find for you Jan Boguslawski from I Polski Korpus inside this list.

Also it will be better to know the year of born, which can help cut the research
    for some persons only. As you can see on the WBH website you can find a lot of Jan Boguslawski in the rank of ppor.

Wojskowe Biuro Historyczne

Regards, Valerii

Find some more information for you.

Absolutly ppor. Jan Boguslawski served in I Polish Corps, which formed on 28th Septrmber 1940 in Scotland and take part in WW2 in Europe.
    Soldiers of this Corps never have been in USSR and dont't take part in the Monte Cassino battle.

Previous Wikipedia post include a mistake about the divisions which include to this Corps.
    Post for you some more links from Polska encyclopedia:
    Pierwszy Korpus Polski - Encyklopedia PWN - źrodło wiarygodnej i rzetelnej wiedzy

So This Corps include:
    -1 Samodzielna Brygada Spadochronowa – Wikipedia, wolna encyklopedia

- 1 Dywizja Pancerna (PSZ) – Wikipedia, wolna encyklopedia

After the end of WW2 most part of soldiers from this Corps returned to Scotland & continued service in Polish Resettlement Corps(Polski Korpus Przesposobienia i Rozmieszczenia)

On the first page (ksiazeczka uposazenia oficera) you can find, that it had been created in 1945 in Edinburgh, but I coudn't understand from which month. (mark a red one)

It seems that Jan Boguslawski served in HQ Pol Units in Gt.Britain (JWWB) or numerous military administration offices and establishments; Mil Pol units (watch the link bellow)

Locations of the Polish Army in Scotland during WWII

Looks like ppor. Jan Boguslawski do not take part in a military operations on Continent during WW2. Seems that he start his military service in Scotland only in 1944, it is to small information about him in this document. On the page №36 seems that he got money for his service from 03.09.1944

Information from Table 3(check the link above):
    Polish formations/units (only battalion and above) based in Scotland in late November 1944 (listed in alphabetic order by location). There were many other Polish Army establishments, training centers and small units located in Scotland. The 1st Polish Armoured Division was on the Continent at this time and the 1st Indep Para Bde in England.

HQ Polish Forces in Gt Britain - Edinburgh

Check google with "ksiazeczka uposazenia oficera" & you can find a lot of examples which more full with information about military service for the soldiers who take part in a battles of WW2.

Also check this post from A.J. Zawadzki #39
    Polish Military Mission in Canada during WW2

Regards, Valerii
    Last edited by ValeriiGajewski; 12-02-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Hello Gentlemen,

On the first page is the information that the "Książeczka uposażenia oficera" was issued on 1st January 1945 in the Polskie Biuro Wojskowe w Edynburgu, Oddział Gospodarczy (Polish Military Office in Edinburgh, Administrative Department) and signed by Administrative Officer ppor. L. Szczerba. It can be assumed that ppor. Jan Bogusławski served there as the later entries (1st entry and entry on the last picture) are signed by the same Administrative Officer in Edinburgh ppor. L. Szczerba.

On the 4th picture there are two entries giving some information about ppor. Jan Bogusławski:

1st one is:

"Przeniesiony gospod. do Skład. Mat. Szef. Sł. Mat. Wojska na podstawie rozkazu D-cy I Korpusu L.dz. 39/Tjn. O. I. z dnia 12.2.46" - I think these abbreviations means: "Przeniesiony gospodarczo do Składnicy Materiałowej Szefostwa Służby Materiałowej Wojska na podstawie rozkazu Dowódcy I Korpusu ...", signed by Administrative Officer ppor. L. Szczerba

2nd one is:

"Wstąpił do PKPiR dnia 10.9.46 ..." - PKPiR - Polski Korpus Przysposobienia i Rozmieszczenia (Eng. Polish Resettlement Corps)

Regards
    Konrad

?

Thank you both for the replies, from the dates in the book (pretty much the only details I could pick out) I wasn't sure if Mr Boguslawski had seen active service, this book doesn't really have a great detail, it does seem mostly a bank book rather than detail record of service, or even basics like his date or place of birth. I wonder if he hung about Scotland after he was discharged

Thanks again

Hello AB64,

Regarding military servise of ppor. Jan Bogusławski you could do some research on the webside of the PISM, unfortunately documents on this site have not been working since the beginning of the pandemic, I don't know why...

There are some Chronicles and Diaries of the I Corps' Units or 4th Infantry Division I Corps in Scotland on the webside, for example:

Chronicle of the Infantry Training Centre, Scotland 1940 - 1942

PISM Archive, Documents C

Regarding ppor. Jan Bogusławski active service on the last picture of the "Książeczka uposażenia oficera" there is a note that he was paid the years service allowance for the period from September 3, 1944 to November 30, 1944 and from December 1, 1944 to August 31, 1945.

Regards
    Konrad

Hello AB64,

I have looked through the KSIĄŻECZKA UPOSAŻENIA OFICERA of my uncle who was in the rank of Lieutenant after his came back from Italy served in the 1st Corps in Scotland. His Officer's Pay Book was issued on 28th February 1945 and the first entry is on the page 4 with this date. Since this date there are a lot of entries regarding his service in various units of the 1st Corps 4th Infantry Division. From this I can trace the entire service of my uncle in Scotland... Also all pages from the beginning are fulfilled. There is also information, starting from page 44, about what soldier's equipment my uncle got in 1942.

From the Ppor. Bogusławski KSIĄŻECZKA UO you can see that he served only in the Polish Military Office in Edinburgh, Administrative Department from 1st January 1945 and next on 2nd March 1946 he was transferred to the Składnica Materiałowa Szefostwa Służby Materiałowej Wojska (Material Depot of the Head of the Military Material Service).

The last entry on page 4 from 24th January 1947 informing about joining the PKPiR (Polish Resettlement Corps) is the entry of an Administrative Officer from the Material Depot of the Head of the Military Material Service.

Can you show the pages 10, 11 of Ppor. Bogusławski KSIĄŻECZKA?

Regards
    Konrad