Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for Information on 5KDP Soldier

Article about: Hello I am looking for some information on 5 Kresowa Dywizja Piechoty soldier. I did some researches and he did not award MC Cross. I know him 2nd Corps badge's number and personal data. If

?

Default Looking for Information on 5KDP Soldier

Hello

I am looking for some information on 5 Kresowa Dywizja Piechoty soldier. I did some researches and he did not award MC Cross. I know him 2nd Corps badge's number and personal data. If anyone could let me know any way to get more information? I know that I can contact with Sikorski Institue, but I am convinced that on the forum there are some people who can help me without high fees

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Filip

Hello Filip,

Many thanks for your post, with regards to obtaining further information on a soldier from 5KDP, you would need to be a relative and provide proof to the British Ministry of Defence to obtain a copy of this persons Service History.

The PISM would be able to confirm if he was awarded the Army Medal (Medal Wojska) with the date of the award and the Legitymacja Number, they would also be able to confirm if he was awarded any further Polish Awards eg. Cross of Merit with Swords, Cross of Valour. But again they do charge for up to 2 hours of searching through their records.

Unfortunately there is no List for recipients of the 2nd Corps Badge, I had this confirmed by Dr. Andrzej Suchcitz over 20 Years ago, when researching this matter my self.

Apologies on not being able to assist you further

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Thanks andrzejku for your quick reply. Whats I know, he was awarded the Army Medal, his family own it. What I have seen on photographs he had baretki of Medal Wojska, War Medal, Defence Medal, Italy and 1939-1945 Stars. No more Polish Awards.

I think that I will look into the matter next month. Hope I can count on your support, shall we contatct via private message?

All the best

Filip

Hello Filip,

Many thanks for your reply, send me a message via private email no problem

Best wishes

Andrzej