Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for Information On My Father Polish 9th Lancers 4th Infantry Division

Article about: Hi All, My father passed away in 1997, as usual being a young man, I did not appreciate what he had done in the war, as a result I never questioned him about it and he very rarely spoke abou

Default Looking for Information On My Father Polish 9th Lancers 4th Infantry Division

Hi All, My father passed away in 1997, as usual being a young man, I did not appreciate what he had done in the war, as a result I never questioned him about it and he very rarely spoke about it. He did tell me a few stories, as an Army Cadet fought the the Germans at the out break and when all was lost esaped through Rumania to France. He fought with with the Polish Army again in France, then ended up in Scotland. Now this all seens to marry up with what I have received from the MOD. However, he did tell me that he trained to be a parachutist and was parachuted into France and was forging documents for British Airmen that were trying to escape. I have been unable to find anything that confirms this, apart from, when he died, as executor I was going through his papers, I found a French ID Document that stated that he was a University Student in France. Unfortunately, the document went missing and I have no other recollection of any other information.
    His name was Henryk Podwysocki Officer Cadet 59069 9th lancers 4th Infantry, if anyone has any information that could help, it would be brilliant.

Many Thanks

TMZ
    ?

Sounds like his work was with SOE or even MI9. Possibly check with Kew Public Record Office as to what might be available by a visit when they are open. There are SOE records available there but not sure about MI9.

I checked and Podwysocki is not on the list of qualified Polish Paratroopers.

Thanks for that, Wow, Amazing that you can get the info so quickly.