Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 347 of 537 FirstFirst ... 247 297 337 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 357 397 447 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 5363

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Hello Snowblind,

May I be amongst the first to welcome you to the War Relics Forum, the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 26942 when awarded the Recipients details were as follows :

Surname : Ostaszewski

Christian Name : Bolesław

Date of Birth : 1905

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1905-33-III

Unit : 6KSanit (6th Medical Company)

Fathers Name : Wiktor

Captured by the soviets on the 22nd September 1939 in Włodzimierz and after the german invasion of the soviet union in 1941, he was released and rejoined the Anders Army at Tockoje on the 2nd September 1941.

Unfortunately I could not find any further information on him from either Kresy-siberia or Family History web sites.

The other medals and star and badges are as Follows :

1) Pilgrims Cross

2) British 1939-1945 Star

3) Polish Army Medal "Medal Wojska"

4) British 1939-1945 War Medal

5) 2nd Corps Badge

You are missing the British Italy Star and the British 1939-1945 Defence Medal, confirmation of the awards can be obtained from the British Ministry of Defence if you apply for a copy of all the records that they have and unfortunately they do charge for this service now.

Anyway I hope that the above information helps you out Snowblind.

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. Link to the British M-o-D is below, just click on the link.

Get a copy of military service records: Apply for the records of someone who's deceased - GOV.UK

Thank you very much. That is my grandfather. I will definitely use the link. Thanks again.

Picked up this group today ,owner may have been Airborne from the other medals that came with the cross , Any help in the id of the owner would be great please
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

Hello Kradman,

Many thanks for your post, unfortunately the Monte Cassino Cross 49305 was one of those from the original order of 50,000, but unfortunately was not awarded by the 2nd Corps. The remainder where sold by the Polish Government in Exile in London in the 1970's and 1980's and these flooded the market at the time.

So unfortunately a made up group of medals.

Apologies for the being the bearer of bad news, hopefully you can get your money back for the seller.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hi Andrzej not a problem this lot was cheap at a carboot sale so i will break up the medals and sell as singles , thank you for your reply

?

Hello Everyone,

I came across the following items whilst surfing the other day,

Monte Cassino cross

MCC number 23856 was awarded to starszy ułan JANUSZEWSKI Wacław.Army number 1918-62-III.Unit 15 PUP;5 KDP.

Monte Cassino cross

MCC number 27596 was awarded to porucznik WINNIK Aleksander.Army number 1905-141-III.Unit 15 kompania zaopatrywania;5 KDP.

Monte Cassino cross

to the #post 3292;p.330 MCC number 32675 was awarded to kanonier KASZUBA Teodor.

Best wishes

Artur

?

I'd like to thank this community from the bottom of my heart for giving your time to honour those young people who risked and even gave their lives for us to be there.

You're definitely proving them right.

?

Hello Everyone

To the post #440;page 44.

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross
    Kapitan KŁOSIŃSKI Mieczysław born 28.11.1905 Płock.Army number 1905-50-III.Unit:Regiment 7th Armored.Died 20.2 1973 Springfield MA;USA.

Was AWARDED TO:

MCC number 746:

Monte Cassino cross

Army Medal:

Monte Cassino cross

British Stars:

Monte Cassino cross

Silver cross of Merit with swords:

Monte Cassino cross

Badge P7P:

Monte Cassino cross

Badge 2nd Polish corps:

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Best wishes

Artur

Default Jerzy Gołębiowski

Thank you for the information. Jerzy Gołębiowski, MCC 35892 didn't return to Poland after the war, he settled in England and started a family. He died and was buried in London. A memorial plaque was placed on his family grave at the Cemetery Komunalny in Ciechanów.
    Monte Cassino cross
    Monte Cassino cross

He is listed on Żdanowicz's list as a 3DSK soldier: GOŁĘBIOWSKI Jerzy - 1920/3, st.szer. pchr. 13. kompania zaopatrywania. Maybe because in June 1944, after the Battle of Monte Cassino, to cover the combat losses in the units of the 2nd Corps, in each 7PAPLotLek squadron the third battery was disassembled.
    An article in the Tygodnik Ciechanowski newspaper about Jerzy Gołębiowski and his family:
    Tygodnik Ciechanowski : historia

Best Regards

Hello Tatar4545,

With regards to Jerzy Gołębiowski de Gaston, he did in fact serve in the 3DSK as a St.Strz.pchor. in the 13KZaopat. and by the time of Monte Cassino he was a Bomb.pchor. serving in 7PAPLotLek.

Best wishes

Andrzej