Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 370 of 537 FirstFirst ... 270 320 360 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 380 420 470 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 5363

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

One more Face of the Recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross.

Monte Cassino cross

Kanonier Leonard Żydok, Army number: 1912-111-III, Unit: 4th Light Artillery Regiment (4 PAL, 5 KDP), MCC Nr: 20655

Monte Cassino cross

Legitymacja of the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered 20655

Monte Cassino cross

Legitymacja of the Commemorative Badge of the 5 KDP Numbered 9149

Monte Cassino cross

Kan. Leonard Żydok on the right with his comrade in Rome

Regards
    Konrad

As a supplement to my post nr#3664.

One more Officer Face of Recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross from the 16 Lwowski Batalion Strzelców (16th Lwow Rifle Battalion):

Monte Cassino cross

Ppor. Jan Marek Bębnowicz, Army Nuumber: 1914-303-III, MCC Nr: 17786

And as a supplement to my post nr #3665.

Two more Faces of Recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross from the 17 Lwowski Batalion Strzelców (17th Lwow Rifle Battalion):

Monte Cassino cross

Ppor. (while awarding kpr. pchor.) Tadeusz Czerkawski, Army Number: 1921-90-III, MCC Nr: 18640

Monte Cassino cross

Kpr. (while awarding st. strz.) Ludwik Sitarski, Army Number: 1911-196-III, MCC Nr: 19062

Regards
    Konrad
    Last edited by conrado; 04-20-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Hello Everyone,

Four Faces of Recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross which have not been posted in this thread yet.

This ones are from the 13 Wileński Batalion Strzelców "Rysiów" (13th Wilno Rifle Battalion).

At the beginning two Officers KIA during the Battalion's attack on San Angelo Hill on 17th May 1944:

Monte Cassino cross

Ppłk Władysław Kamiński, Army Number: 1897-210-III,, MCC Nr: 15378, also awarded VM kl. 4, MW
    During the Italian Campaign he was a Commander of the 13 Batalion Strzelców "Rysiów". From October 1942 to March 1943 he was a Commander of the 15 Wileński Batalion Strzelców "Wilków".

Monte Cassino cross

Ppłk Władysław Kamiński grave nr 8-E-2 at Monte Cassino Polish War Cemetery, KIA during his Battalion's attack on San Angelo Hill on 17th May 1944, on 20th May 1944 he was buried at the 5KDP Cemetery in Acquafondata.

Monte Cassino cross

Ppłk Władysław Kamiński during the Battle of Monte Cassino, May 1944

Monte Cassino cross

Command of the 15thWilno Rifle Battalion "Wilków". Commander of the Battalion Major Władysław Kamiński (marked with a cross). On the photo are also Deputy Commander Captain Jerzy Gędzierski and adjutant Lieutenant Jan Jurkowski (MCC Nr: 16881), 30th October 1942, Khanaqin, Iraq.

Monte Cassino cross

Ppłk (here as kpt. in 1931) Władysław Kamiński ps. Śliwa was posthumously awarded the Gold Cross of the Virtuti Militari Military. By decision of the Minister of National Defense on 11th September 2015 he was posthumously promoted to the rank of Colonel. He was also awarded VM kl. 5 (1921), KW x4 (1921) and KNzM (the Independence Cross with Swords, 1931).

Monte Cassino cross

Kpt. Wacław Buyko, Army Number: 1907-199-III, MCCNr: 15376, also awarded VM kl. 5, MW
    He was a Commander of the 2nd Company of the 13 BS. First on the list of Recipients of the MCC from the 13 BS.

Monte Cassino cross

Kpt. Wacław Buyko grave nr 5-D-6 at Monte Cassino Polish War Cemetery, KIA on 17th May 1944, on 21st May 1944 he was buried at the 5KDP Cemetery in Acquafondata.

Monte Cassino cross

Plut. Władysław Wilk, Army Number: 1911-149-III, MCC Nr: 16077, also awarded KW, MW
    He was wounded on 17th May 1944 in fights near Cassino and on 7th November 1944 in fights near Marsignano - Forli.

Monte Cassino cross

Strz. Piotr Kuchta, Army Number: 1909-334-III, MCC Nr: 15808

Monte Cassino cross

Legitymacja of the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered 15808

Monte Cassino cross

Legitymacja of the Commemorative Badge of the 5 KDP Numbered 5750

Regards
    Konrad
    Last edited by conrado; 04-21-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Hello Everyone,

Today is the 75th Anniversary of the liberation of Bologna by soldiers of the 2nd Polish Corps. I would like to post some pictures from that day - 21st April 1945.

Monte Cassino cross

T17 (Staghound) armored car of the 1st Krechowiecki Lancers Regiment greeted by the people of Bologna. In the background Torre di Asinelli

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Soldiers of the 5th Kresowa Infantry Division greeted by the people of Bologna

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

M4 Sherman tanks from the 1st Krechowiecki Lancers Regiment on the city streets

Monte Cassino cross

Italian girl (sitting on the M4 Sherman tank) with ppor. Jan Szatsznajder (1st on the left, MCC Nr: ?????) from the 1st Squadron of the 1st Krechowiecki Lancers Regiment, Commander of the "BYSTRY" M4 Sherman tank awarded the Virtuti Militari Silver Cross for fights for Bologna

Monte Cassino cross

Generals Zygmunt Szyszko-Bohusz (1st on the left) and Klemens Rudnicki (behind the wheel) in a Willys MB jeep surrounded by Allied soldiers and the poeple of Bologna. Armored cars T17 (Staghound) visible on the left

Monte Cassino cross

Gen. Klemens Rudnicki (behind the wheel) shakes hands with Gen. Mark Clark. General Zygmunt Szyszko-Bohusz is sitting in the front seat.

And the Face of Recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross - personal driver of Colonel later General Klemens Rudnicki:

Monte Cassino cross

Plut. Stefan Żołądkowski, Unit: 5th Kresowa Infantry Division Headquarters Staff (KGL5KDP), 1910-121-III, MCC Nr: 15240, also awarded KW and BKZzM

Monte Cassino cross

IMO plut. Stefan Żołądkowski (in a red circle) behind General Zygmunt Szyszko-Bohusz (see also on the two photos above)

He was born on 2nd September 1910 in Wągrowiec. From an early age he practiced sport, especially gymnastics and athletics as a member of the "Sokoł" Sport Club in Bydgoszcz.

On 23rd September 1939 was interned in Lithuania. Then he was imprisoned in the soviet camps in Juchnów and then in Griazowiec. He joined the Anders Army in Tatiszczewo.

In Iraq he completed a driver course and began serving as a chauffeur at the Headquarters of the 5th Kresowa Infantry Division. From January to May 1944 he took part in the Battle of Monte Cassino and then on 21st April 1945 fights for Bologna. At that time he was the personal driver of first Colonel and later General Klemens Rudnicki (he received a watch with an engraved dedication from him).

Monte Cassino cross

Legitymacja of the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered 15240

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Plut. Stefan Żołądkowski in England, 1946:

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

On 29th October 1948 he returned to Poland and settled in Wągrowiec. Working as a driver in a large plant in Poznań he continued to play sports and won the title of Champion of the Poznań Province in a hammer throw. Later he also trained young people and was passionate about playing chess.

He could not reconcile with the system prevailing in Poland and because of this in 1958 he was sentenced to imprisonment in a closed trial. His detention in prison had a very negative impact on his health and greatly contributed to his premature death. He died on 27th March 1968 in Skoki.

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Plut. Stefan Żołądkowski and his wife Stefania grave nr L-I-772 at parish cemetery in Skoki.

Regards
    Konrad
    Last edited by conrado; 04-21-2020 at 09:47 PM.

Default Franciszek Gołaszewski (1895)

Quote by klapek77 View Post
    i am looking for information about Franciszek (Franz) Gołaszewski (1895), son of Wojciech. I was told he was a soldier of The Polish II Corps. He was in the Mid-East and fought in Italy. He was at Monte Cassino. He came back home 1 year after the end of WW2 and died 7 years later. I couldn't find any documents about his military service in the Polish resources so far. I hope you could help me to find anything.
    Hey,
    I believe he might have been an uncle of my greatgrandfather, I will let you know later if I know anything about him.
    Regards,
    Marta Sadlej

Hello Marta,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, I have looked through the Register of Recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross and have only found 5 Recipients with the Surname Gołaszewski.

They are as follows :

1) Henryk

2) Heronim

3) Jan

4) Jerzy

5) Ryszard

That is all that are listed as being recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross Marta, if you do find any further information then please post it on the Forum.

Once again Marta welcome

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hi everyone,
    I would like your help to identify the recipient (if any) of the Monte Cassino Cross with number 48952, which I own in my collection.
    Best regards,
    Rudnei

Hello Rudnei,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, after the Battle of Monte Cassino 50,000 Crosses were ordered and delivered to the 2nd Polish Corps, unfortunately only 48.830 were awarded.

The remainder were sent to the Polish Government in Exile in London for their safe keeping, in the 1970's these where released onto the market by the Polish Government in Exile to raise funds. They where sold through various auction houses including Spink & Son in London, I remember the first time I went there they had a draw full of them.

These sometimes are sold on the internet as awarded crosses, which they are not, but they are original.

Once again Rudnei welcome to the Forum

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Andrew ! Could you provide details to who the Monte Cassino cross number 45196 belonged to . Thank you.

Hello Wojciech,

Many thanks for your post when awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 45196 the Recipients details were as follows :

Surname : Dul

Christian Name : Franciszek

Date of Birth : 1899

Army Number : 1899-36-III

Unit : 29 Kompania Samoch Sanit (29th Ambulance Company)

I sincerely hope that the above information is of some use and help to you Wojciech.

Best wishes

Andrzej