Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 417 of 537 FirstFirst ... 317 367 407 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 427 467 517 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 5361

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Hello Tomek,

I had the same question asked and answered in my post numbered 700.

Surname: OLEJNICZAK

Christian Name: Stanisław

Date of Birth: 1899

Fathers Name: Franciszek

Army Number: (also found on His ID Tags): 1899-36-III

Unit: 5 Pulk Artylerii Ppanc (5th Anti Tank Artillery Regiment, 5KDP)

Stanisław was a pre war soldier arrested on the 19th September 1939 by the soviets in Zloczow, he joined the Anders Army at Tatiszczewo on the 4th September 1941.

Being born in 1899 he would have been 20 years of age in 1919 so old enough to fight and be awarded the Cross of Valour Numbered 13656, and then awarded a 2nd during 1939-1945.

The First KW is made by the firm of Jan Knedler and the Second by Kretschmer in Jerusalem.

Also with regards to the PISM Files they have been down for some time now, with the Museum closed, Museum Staff are only going in once a week or so to clear the mail and nothing else, unfortunately we will have to be patient and wait for the current epidemic restrictions to be eased.

The other place to try to find out about Olejniczak would be the Polish Army Records (but no doubt they are in the same situation, with regards to the epidemic)

The Polish Army Website lists 2 Stanisław Olejniczak born in 1899 :

1) Born 24th April 1899

2) Born 5th October 1899

Tomek, I wish you all the very best luck with your search

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

I came across the following article yesterday, which I thought I would share with you all :

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Kapitan lek. Dr. Ryszard Puszkiewicz Born 1906, Army Number : 1906-22-III, Unit : 4BSK

Awards of Kapitan lek.Dr. Ryszard Puszkiewicz

Polish

1) Wound Ribbon with one Star

2) Silver Cross Virtuti Militari, Legitymacja Numbered : 11412

3) Cross of Valour

4) Silver Cross of Merit with Swords

5) Silver Cross of Merit

6) Army Medal

7) Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 1738

8) 25th Anniversary of the Battle of Monte Cassino Medal

9) SPK Medal

British

10) Order of the British Empire (Officers Civilian Division)

11) 1939-1945 Star

12) Italy Star

13) 1939-1945 Defence Medal

14) 1939-1945 War Medal

After the end of the War he came to the UK and settled down to work at the Polish Hospital, at Iscoyd Park later moved to Penley, he later became in 1972 Medical Administrator and for this work he was awarded the O.B.E. (Civil Division) in 1980

Monte Cassino cross

Pplk.lek.Dr. Ryszard Puszkiewicz died in September 1996 and was buried in Wrexham Cemetery on the 16th September 1996 in grave Numbered : 960N

Monte Cassino cross

Pplk.lek.DR. Ryszard Puszkiewicz grave in Wrexham Cemetery

His wife was Och. Gertruda Helena Broeder, Born in 1913, Army Number : 1913-239-III, Unit : 161SW, Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 41979

Best wishes

Andrzej

Quote by ValeriiGajewski View Post
    How do you think, do M-o-D have any documents which can approve this information, kind of journal with the list of soldiers who got their documents away?
    Is it also possible that this document have the Surname misspell (kind of Hajewski, Gajzewski, Grajewski,Chajewski or Gajewsky) and store with the service records of other soldier?
    Might that be a problem?

Regards, Valerii
    Hello Valerii,

I found a document in Polish which describes how the repatriation of Polish soldiers to their homeland was carried out and what happened with their Zeszyty Ewidencyjne. This confirms that the Zeszyty Ewidencyjne were taken by soldiers to the Poland.

Below is a link to the article (unfortunately in Polish):

https://repozytorium.uwb.edu.pl/jspu...Artymowski.pdf

Zeszyt Ewidencyjny of your great-grandfather is located in the CAW/WBH.

Regards
    Konrad

Hello Everyone,

Two Faces of a Recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross:

Monte Cassino cross

Kpr. Ignacy Tworzyk, Army Number: 1919-5-III, Unit: 6 BSK, MCC Nr: ?, also awarded the Cross of Valour with a bar (KW x2), KIA 6.8.1944

Ignacy Tworzyk was born on September 19, 1919 in Lipnica Wielka. After the soviets' aggression against Poland on September 17 he crossed the border with Romania. Until 1940 he was in an internment camp in Hungary. When the formation of the Independent Carpathian Rifle Brigade (SBSK) began in the Middle East he entered Syria and on June 3, 1940 he joined the Polish Army. Then he fought in the 3rd Carpathian Rifle Division (3 DSK).

During the operations in the Battle of Ancona Ignacy Tworzyk serving in the 6 Carpathian Rifle Battalion was shot during a patrol near Senigalia and died in the hospital on August 6, 1944. He rests at the Polish War Cemetery in Loreto (grave nr 13-F-7).

Monte Cassino cross

Kpr. Eugeniusz Moniak, Army Number: 1914-17-III, Unit: 4 BSK, MCC Nr: ?, KIA 17.5.1944

Eugeniusz Moniak was born on May 9, 1914 in Zubrzyca Górna. He took part in the September Campaign. Its further combat route is not exactly known. In 1940 he joined the Independent Carpathian Rifle Brigade (SBSK). Then he served in the 3rd Carpathian Rifle Division (3 DSK).

Monte Cassino cross

He rests at the Polish War Cemetery in Monte Cassino (grave nr 3-C-6).

Regards
    Konrad

Hello Konrad,

Many thanks for your post, with reference to Kpr. Ignacy Tworzyk, he was born on the 14th August 1919, and was awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 13266

A photograph of his grave is below :

Monte Cassino cross

Kapral Ignacy Tworzyk grave at the Polish War Cemetery in Loreto.

With reference to Kpr.sp. Eugeniusz Moniak, 1914-17-III, Unit : 4BSK, Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 965.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hi Konrad

Kpr. Ignacy Tworzyk. MCC 13266

Kpr. Eugeniusz Moniak. MCC 965

Regards Kevin

Hello Everyone,

A Couple of Faces of Recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross both Females :

Monte Cassino cross

Inspekt. Maria Trojanowska, Born 1905, Army Number : 1905-66083-42, Unit : ISZ P.S.K., Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 48401

Monte Cassino cross

Kmdtka.Komp. Henryka Ciupkówna, Born 1915, Army Number : 1915-108-III, Unit : 318KKiBR, Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 45924.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Quote by conrado View Post
    Hello Valerii,

I found a document in Polish which describes how the repatriation of Polish soldiers to their homeland was carried out and what happened with their Zeszyty Ewidencyjne. This confirms that the Zeszyty Ewidencyjne were taken by soldiers to the Poland.

Below is a link to the article (unfortunately in Polish):

https://repozytorium.uwb.edu.pl/jspu...Artymowski.pdf

Zeszyt Ewidencyjny of your great-grandfather is located in the CAW/WBH.

Regards
    Konrad
    Hello there everyone!

Thanks a lot for your help Konrad!
    I will check this information in the CAW/WBH for sure.
    Some weeks ago I got an answer from Mrs Margaret Goddard again.
    She think that “Zeszyt Ewidencyjny” of my great-grandfather was sent for some reason to then War Pension Agency together with his medical documents. Waiting for her feedback.

Also want to wish all members of this great forum Happy New Year & Merry Christmas!
    Think that my participate here was one of the best moment in 2020.
    Care yourself & your families.
    Also want to say a special thank you for Andrzej.
    Your support and professionalism invaluable.
    Think that the other forum members agree with that for sure.
    Wish you a great health & as Konrad said previously Sto lat!

My first post in this thread will be two books which include information about
    all Soviet labor & POW camps including information about official NKVD orders, camps description,
    information about the number of prisoners & etc. (it can be a good addition for the IPN database)

Katyn 1940 - 2000 Documents
    https://mega.nz/file/emAAlBAR#xPZBBd...s1UssEwzbd1YGg

POW camps of the NKVD & the Ministry of Internal Affairs of USSR 1939-1956
    https://mega.nz/file/3mQwXZ5S#Qqmdb1..._-i53WdevQ9Vyk

Books in Cyrillic.
    So if you interesting in I advise you to download the ABBYY Fine Reader OCR Editor program, which can drug any text in any language for further translate.

Regards, Valerii

Hello Everyone,

Two Faces of a Reciients of the Monte Cassino Cross - Father and Son:

Monte Cassino cross

St. Ułan Adam Gazur (on right) with his father Kapitan Józef Gazur, photo taken during the Italian Campaign in 1944

St. Ułan Adam Gazur, born 1925, Unit: 1 Pułk Ułanów Krechowieckich (1 Krechowiecki Lancers Regiment), Monte Cassino Cross Nr: 29844

Kpt. Józef Gazur - unfortunately couldn't find him on any of the available lists.

Monte Cassino cross

Feast of the 1 Krechowiecki Lancers Regiment at the airport in Loreto on 27th July 1945

Regards
    Konrad

Hello Everyone,

One more Face of a Recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross who stayed in Italy :

Monte Cassino cross

Surname : Wiktorowski

Christian Name : Rudolf Andrzej

Date of Birth : 11th August 1911

Army Number : 1911-211-III

Unit : 11PAC

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 34417

Date of Death : 9th August 1944

Place of Burial : Loreto Polish War Cemetery, Grave Number : 14-A-7

Other Awards :

Polish :

1) Silver Cross Virtuti Militari Legitymacja Numbered : 10218