MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 432 of 538 FirstFirst ... 332 382 422 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 442 482 532 ... LastLast
Results 4,311 to 4,320 of 5380

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Hello Tomek,

Many thanks for your post numbered 4310, when awarded the Monte Cassino Cross the Recipients details were as follows :

Surname : Roszak

Christian Name : Marian

Date of Birth : 16th April 1914

Fathers Name : Leon

Army Number : 1914-6-III

Unit : 3KPPpanc. (3rd Carpathian Anti Tank Artillery Regiment

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 10865

By the end of the war in Europe, he had been promoted to Podporucznik (2nd Lieutenant) and was serving in the 2BSK, he had prior to the Italian Campaign served with the Independent Carpathian Rifle Brigade in Tobruk, he served in the Artillery.

Surname : Gochniak

Christian Name : Franciszek

Date of Birth : 1906

Fathers Name : Jakub(Jan)

Army Number : 1906-50-III

Unit : KGD2K (Headquarters 2nd Corps)

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 287

That is all that I was able to find for you Tomek, I sincerely hope that it is of some use and help to you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

Another day and 2 more Legitymacja's awarded to the same Officer for sale on Ebay.

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino Cross Legitymacja Numbered : 26030 awarded to : Porucznik Kazimierz Hawlin, Born 1918, Army Number : 1918-56-III, Unit : 5 Kresowy Batalion Łączności (5th Kresowa Signals Battalion). By the end of the war in Europe he had been promoted to Kapitan and settled in London and died in Ealing on the 18th December 2002.

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Signals Badge Legitymacja awarded to : Por. Kazimierz Hawlin.

Links to the auctions are below, click on the links :

WW2 Poland Monte Cassino 1944 Medal Issue Card | eBay

WW2 Poland Communications Medal Issue Card | eBay

Best wishes

Andrzej

Dear Andrzej. thanks for your reply in post # 4312. I am looking for the graves of 2KP soldiers in Poznań, I found another two:
    - Palenkiewicz Stanislaw 1902- also Powstaniec Wielkopolski,
    - Melonek Stefan 1907.
    both from Żdanowicz's list. can I ask you to add the rest of the information?
    Thank you and best regards
    tomek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Monte Cassino cross   Monte Cassino cross  

Hello Tomek,

Many thanks for your post, I have looked through the Register and only found information for one individual which is as follows :

Surname : Palenkiewicz

Christian Name : Stanisław

Date of Birth : 12th October 1902

Fathers Name : Marcin

Army Number : 1902-54-III

Unit : KGD2K

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 498

With regards to Stefan Melonek, I was able to only find the following information for you :

Date of Birth : 7th July 1907

Fathers Name : Roman.

That's all that I could find for you Tomek, I sincerely hope that it helps

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Everyone,

Face of the Recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross:

Monte Cassino cross

St. wachm. Aleksander Pilecki, Army Number: 1902-?-III, Monte Cassino Cross Nr 30119, also awarded BKZzM and MW

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Certificate of the conferment of the Jerusalem Cross to st. wachm. Aleksander Pilecki

Monte Cassino cross

St. wachm. Aleksander Pilecki among colleagues from the Regiment

Monte Cassino cross

Grave of Aleksander Pilecki and his wife Katarzyna

More info: Wielkopolska Historycznie

Regards
    Konrad

I've enjoyed reading this thread. I have an example without the ribbon eyelet looping mechanism that is marked 49,359. Would it be possible to know the recipient? It would seem this was at the very end of issue?

Hello Scotty,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum and thank you for your post, there were 50,000 Crosses made for the 2nd Corps but only 48,840 something were actually awarded, the remainder including your example where stored in the Polish Embassy in Exile in London until the early 1970's.

These were then sold off to Medal dealers in London, when I first went into Spink and Son when they were situated on King Street in St. James's when asked where their Polish Items were located I was told in the drawers, there was a drawer half full of Monte Cassino Cross's. The rest of the drawers were full of the Order of Polonia Restituta Cross of Merits and Virtuti Militari's which Spinks produced for the Polish Government in Exile, these crosses are now found all over the world.

Although your Cross was not awarded Scotty it is still one of the original 50,000 produced for the 2nd Corps.

I hope that the above information is of some use and help to you, if you have any other questions please post them and I will do my best to answer them for you.

Once again Welcome to the Forum.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Dear Andrzej!
    thanks for your reply in post # 4315. Another two graves found in Poznań:
    -Nowacki Kazimierz -1914 probably 11th Signal Baon,
    -Lehmann Edmund- 1911, also SBSK
    both from Żdanowicz's list
    I am asking you to fill in the missing information.
    Thank you, kind regards
    tomekMonte Cassino crossMonte Cassino cross

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Scotty,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum and thank you for your post, there were 50,000 Crosses made for the 2nd Corps but only 48,840 something were actually awarded, the remainder including your example where stored in the Polish Embassy in Exile in London until the early 1970's.

These were then sold off to Medal dealers in London, when I first went into Spink and Son when they were situated on King Street in St. James's when asked where their Polish Items were located I was told in the drawers, there was a drawer half full of Monte Cassino Cross's. The rest of the drawers were full of the Order of Polonia Restituta Cross of Merits and Virtuti Militari's which Spinks produced for the Polish Government in Exile, these crosses are now found all over the world.

Although your Cross was not awarded Scotty it is still one of the original 50,000 produced for the 2nd Corps.

I hope that the above information is of some use and help to you, if you have any other questions please post them and I will do my best to answer them for you.

Once again Welcome to the Forum.

Best wishes

Andrzej
    Thank you Andrzej!

Hello Tomek,

Many thanks for your post Numbered 4319, I have checked through the Register of Recipients of the Monte Cassino Cross for you, I have also checked the index of victims of soviet repression and the Kresy-siberia wall of names and the Polish Army Archives. I was able to find the following information for you Tomek :

When awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Kazimierz Nowacki details were as follows :

Surname : Nowacki

Christian Name : Kazimierz

Fathers Name : Stanisław

Date of Birth : 1st March 1914

Army Number : 1914-44-III

Unit : 11 Baon Łączności (11th Siganls Battalion)

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 40814

Monte Cassino cross

Kazimierz Nowacki details for the early part of the war.

I also checked all the above mention web sites for a mention of Edmund Lehmann, but could find no reference for him at all.

Hope it helps you Tomek.

Best wishes

Andrzej