Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 451 of 537 FirstFirst ... 351 401 441 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 461 501 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,510 of 5361

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

?

Hi
    I'm owner of Monte Cassino Cross nr. 31 672.
    Unfortunately I can not find name of owner, but I know who can it be. I'm looking for a proof of it, because he was part of my family. Possibly he was one of 4 Pułk Pancerny "Skorpion" tank soldier. Maybe You can help me. Any information will priceless.

Monte Cassino cross Monte Cassino cross

Hello Craco,

Many thanks for your post and may I welcome you to the Forum, when awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 31672, the Recipients details were as follows :

Surname : Malita

Christian Name : Władysław

Date of Birth : 8th January 1921

Born in : Kraków

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags) : 1921-137-III

Unit : 9 Kompania Zaopatrywania (9th Transport Company, 2nd Armoured Brigade).

That is all the information I was able to find for you Craco.

Once again welcome to the Forum

Best wishes

Andrzej

p.s. The 4th Armoured Regiment was awarded Crosses Numbered : 28989--29672

Hello Dear Andrzej!
    Thanks for your latest information. I am looking for the graves of a soldier from Tobruk and Monte Cassino all the time in Poznań and the surrounding area. Can I ask you to supplement the information about the next two found?
    - Stefan Lembicz- 1905, also on the SBSK list. buried in Parkkowo near Poznań. in what unit was he?
    -Wincenty Fornalik- 1902, Wielkopolska Insurgent-Powstaniec Wielkopolski, buried in Poznań.
    thank you for your help
    Best wishes
    tomek
    Monte Cassino cross
    Monte Cassino cross
    Monte Cassino cross

Hello Tomek,

Many thanks for your post, when awarded the Monte Cassino Cross the Recipients details were as follows :

Lembicz

Surname : Lembicz

Christian Name : Stefan

Date of Birth : 1905

Army Number : 1905-5-III

Unit : KG2BP (Headquarters 2nd Armoured Brigade)

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 28868

Fornalik

Surname : Fornalik

Christian Name : Wincenty

Date of Birth : 1901

Fathers Name : Feliks

Army Number : 1901-36-III

Unit : 7PAK

Monte Cassino Cross Numbered : 32517

Tomek I also checked the Polish Army Website which also lists his date of birth has being in 1901.

Hope it helps you

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

YES! This is my soldier! Now I'm sure, that Monte Cassino Cross I have at home belong to him.
    Thank You Andrzejku98 for all of it, because I have very poor knowledge about his war story.
    I died in 1947 in North Yorkshire, England, age 26. I never meet him, but he is part of my family history. I need to find more about it.

p.s.
    I thought he was a "Scorpion" because among symbols from his uniform there are those with the symbol of the silver scorpion...

Hello Craco,

Thanks for the great pictures!

The soldier you posted is in the rank of Kapral (Corporal) and has a collar pennants of the 1 Pułk Ułanów Krechowieckich (1st Krechowiecki Lancers Regiment) which was a part of the 2nd Warsaw Armoured Brigade. He also has a Wound Badge Ribbon with 1 star and the ribbon of the Monte Cassino Cross on his uniform.

Monte Cassino cross

Pennant of the 1 Pułk Ułanów Krechowieckich

Regards
    Konrad

Hello Craco,

Many thanks for your post, I have also found the following which I sincerely hope you will like :

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

Graves Registration Report

Monte Cassino cross

Headstone inscription

Monte Cassino cross

Grave of Kapral Malita at Helmsley Cemetery

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Craco,

I have also looked through the Regimental History of the 1 Pułk Ułanów Krechowieckich im. Pułkownika Bolesława Mościckiego (1st Lancer Regiment), he is listed has a Kapral Pchor. (Corporal/Officer Cadet), he joined the Regiment in 1945 and served with them up to 1946, when the 2nd Armoured Brigade became the 2nd Armoured Division.

Kpr.Pchor. Władysław Malita served in the 1st Squadron of the Regiment and was awarded the Regimental Badge Legitymacja Numbered 1167.

That is all that I was able to find for you Craco, hope it is of some interest and help to you,

Best Wishes

Andrzej

?

Andrzejku98 - fantastic...
    Picture of grave I know, because it was one and only information about him, if somebody try use his first and last name i google.
    But rest of documents you paste in here is treasure for me.
    Thank You once again.

Everything is correct - day of birth, town he live and die in England...
    I have letters between Władek and his sister, from 1946 and 1947 with stamps from England/York.
    Last letter, written by nurse from hospital (he was so sick, that he was not able write by himself) he send 31 October 1947.
    He wrote, that maybe at spring they will meet each other. 18 days later he passed away...

Hello there Dear Andrzej!

Kindly ask you to provide some informatione about following soldiers:

1) Stanislaw Szylwian
    army #: 1909/84/III
    military unit: 3 paplot. lek

2) Borejko Bronislaw
    army #: 1906/44/III
    military unit: 3 paplot. lek.

Do you know did they have the UK citizenship?

Thank you in advance!

Regards, Valerii
    Last edited by ValeriiGajewski; 09-08-2021 at 01:36 PM.