Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 516 of 537 FirstFirst ... 16 416 466 506 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 526 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,160 of 5363

Monte Cassino cross

Article about: I dont htink about this like a collection maybe it is naive but it is a part of my family and describe the brave men which hard to find these days.Some award documents.tedAttachment 356198At

Quote by Dawid Chabowski View Post
    Today I received from Andrzejku's daughter sadly information he is went to Lord. I would like to honor here an exceptional man and dear friend who inspired the whole community of collectors with his passion and actively supported many people looking for information about veterans from around the world. Thanks to him, I received a lot of information about "my heroes". Thank you for your helpful service on the Warrelics website and beyond.
    In memory of ANDRZEJKU SANKOWSKI (1958-2022)
    Hi Dawid and all,

I was just shocked by this news... I can scarcely believe it.
    Andrzejku always helped me with my searches, shared everything he could. Thanks to him it was possible to preserve the memory of many people.
    My condolences…

Dear all,

Should be grateful if you share any information in regards to CHALECKI STEFAN. Unfortunately I don't know when he was born, approximately between 1900 and 1910 but I'm not sure. He stayed alive and after WW II came back to Poland.

Thank you.

Hello artee1986,

I found the following information regarding Stefan Chalecki:

Stefan Chalecki (son of Jan) was born in Lewszowo district Wołkowysk on 26th December 1904. He joined the Anders' Army in Tatiszczewo. Below is his road to the Anders' Army. He was a Recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross. After the end of the war he returned to Poland.

Strzelec (Rifleman) Stefan Chalecki, Army Number: 1904-67-III, Unit: 16 Kompania Zaopatrywania (16th Supply Company) of the 5 Kresowa Dywizja Piechoty (5th Kresowa Infantry Division), awarded the Monte Cassino Cross numbered 28021

Monte Cassino cross

Monte Cassino cross

His deposit is stored in the Central Military Archives in Rembertów near Warsaw:

Monte Cassino cross

Hope this helps.

Regards
    Konrad

Hi Konrad,

Thank you so much!
    But... As I see this Stefan Chalecki was killed in 1944... Please check the link:
    13 Wileński Batalion Strzelcow "Rysiow" - Chalecki Stefan

Thenks for your post artee1986,

Yes, good point. But this is the same Stefan Chalecki. He served in the 13 Batalion Strzelców before the Battle of Monte Cassino. During the Battle he was in the 16 Kompania Zaopatrywania:

16 Kompania Zaopatrywania - krzyz.montecassino.eu

When I searched for Stefan Chalecki through google on the site krzyz.montecassino.eu, google didn't find the Recipients List of the 13 Batalion Strzelców, so I couldn't verify that this Stefan Chalecki was killed in on 10.07.1944 during the Ancona operation.

Sorry, my mistake.

In the databases of the Polish Institute of National Remembrance and the Polish Central Military Archives there is only this one Stefan Chalecki whose data I showed in my previous post.

Regards
    Konrad

Quote by conrado View Post
    Thenks for your post artee1986,

Yes, good point. But this is the same Stefan Chalecki. He served in the 13 Batalion Strzelców before the Battle of Monte Cassino. During the Battle he was in the 16 Kompania Zaopatrywania:

16 Kompania Zaopatrywania - krzyz.montecassino.eu

When I searched for Stefan Chalecki through google on the site krzyz.montecassino.eu, google didn't find the Recipients List of the 13 Batalion Strzelców, so I couldn't verify that this Stefan Chalecki was killed in on 10.07.1944 during the Ancona operation.

Sorry, my mistake.

In the databases of the Polish Institute of National Remembrance and the Polish Central Military Archives there is only this one Stefan Chalecki whose data I showed in my previous post.

Regards
    Konrad
    Konrad,

I'm in touch with great-grandson of Stefan Chalecki and he told me that he doesn't exactly now is this correct writing of Stefan's last name or not. So it could be Khalecki or Chaletsky, or Chaletski.
    Could you be so kind to check these three options?

Can anyone please provide some information for a Monte Cassino Cross with the number 3 664 if possible. many thanks in advance

TMZ
    ?

Hello artee,

there is this information I found:

Chałecki Stefan, strz., 26.12.1904, Lewszowo, p. Wołkowysk; 10.7.1944; Loreto, Włochy, CP, gr. 1a-C-8.

So born 1904 and killed 1944 and buried in Loreto cemetery.

You may be able to tell if this is a different person to the one you are searching.

Regards,

Ted

Hello there Artem!

Think it might be him:
    Monte Cassino cross

ZUB-/383/29/14
    Monte Cassino cross
    Monte Cassino cross

Information about him from CAW WBH:
    kpr. Chojecki Stefan ur. 18.04.1905:
    1) KAPiO (sygn.I.481.C.1896)
    2) KAPiO (sygn. I.481.C.1897)
    3) KWKA
    Think that the Belorussian NARB archive can say you for sure, if his personal files mite store
    inside Belorussian KGB or MVD Archives.
    Should make a request:
    Запрос о репрессиях и реабилитации (по БД "Сведения о необоснованно репрессированных гражданах Белоруссии")
    His personal military records most of all still store in MOD. Couldn't find it in CAW WBH.

Also think that it might be that soldier too, he also from Warszawa and came back to Poland from PSZ na Zachodzie:
    ppor/podporucznik rez./Artyleria Chajęcki (Chajecki)/Stefan Józef (Gustaw)/ Imię ojca - Bronisław Leon ur. 26.09.1902 :
    Information from CAW WBH:
    1) KAPiO (sygn. I.481.C.641)
    2) Kolekcja akt żołnierzy polskich powracających z Polskich Sił Zbrojnych na Zachodzie (sygn. IV.501.2.577 k. 119)
    3) Kolekcja akt żołnierzy zarejestrowanych w Rejonowych Komendach Uzupełnień (sygn. II.56.13504)

Most of all the last one joined SBSK and fought in Africa. Couldn't find him as a POW.

Regards, Valerii
    Last edited by ValeriiGajewski; 01-28-2023 at 12:09 AM.

Hello Steven,

Recipient of the Monte Cassino Cross numbered 3664 was:

St. strz. (Lance Corporal) Paweł Charkiewicz

Army Number: 1914-22-III

Unit: 6 Batalion Strzelców Karpackich (6th Carpathian Rifle Battalion)

He was also awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Cross of Valour).

Regards
    Konrad