Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Monte Cassino Cross recipient

Article about: Hi all ... new to the forum but I am a member of a few other forums and recognize a few member names. I am mainly a WW2 RAF collector but had an interest in a little framed group of badges a

Default Monte Cassino Cross recipient

Hi all ... new to the forum but I am a member of a few other forums and recognize a few member names.

I am mainly a WW2 RAF collector but had an interest in a little framed group of badges and a monte cassino cross that a friend's father was given back in the 1980's.

My own grandfather was in the RASC as part of the 8th Army and after seeing action in N.Africa was over in Italy where he was wounded at Monte Cassino.

I will post up a photo of the badges and cross when I have taken them out of the frame but would be very grateful if any member could identify the man in who was awarded them.

The cross in numbered 31594 and I have already found out that this fits the number block for the 2nd Polish Armoured Brigade.

A couple of the badges relate to this one ...is a 2 over a tank .. but another badge in the frame is more confusing it appears to be a scarab beetle above a crescent ?

Many thanks

Gary

Many thanks to Andrzej for the information supplied as to the recipient Bolesław KRAWCZYK

Here are some scans of the medal and accompanying badges.

Regards

Gary

Monte Cassino Cross recipientMonte Cassino Cross recipientMonte Cassino Cross recipientMonte Cassino Cross recipient