Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Montecassino Cross

Article about: Hello everybody I want to know if somebody is interested in a Montecassino Cross that was awarded to my father. He was lieutenant in the 5th Kresowa Infantry Division, 2nd Polish Corps in th

Default Montecassino Cross

Hello everybody

I want to know if somebody is interested in a Montecassino Cross that was awarded to my father. He was lieutenant in the 5th Kresowa Infantry Division, 2nd Polish Corps in the Italian Campaign, and was a survivor of the concentration camps of Kozielsk and Griazowiec in Russia.
    Many thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Montecassino Cross   Montecassino Cross  

Attached Images Attached Images Montecassino Cross 

I am interested - but don't sell it - keep it - it is a one of a kind item ! He was probably from Kresy, ended up in Kozielsk only to move on with 2nd Corps - it is Polish history keep it or donate it to a museum !

Hello enesalpa,
    I echo meyle77 as a collector I am also interested in the cross the document and it's history. However, this award with the document are part of your family history and I hope you don't need to part with it. Please keep in mind that Many collectors like myself would love to have it but once you sell it there are small chances of getting it back.

It's always great to see personal/family items.

Document the oral history and pass it all
    down to your children or another
    close relative..........
    Regards,

Steve.

MAP
    ?

Times 3. This is family. It should stay there.

But... (and I am NOT recommending this) if it is your wish to move it, a local museum that has a need for it would be a good place (large museums typically would put this in a store room). And if you really do want to sell it (it's yours so all we can do is offer advice) try to make sure it goes to someone who will care for it and it's history in order to honor your father.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    I am interested - but don't sell it - keep it - it is a one of a kind item ! He was probably from Kresy, ended up in Kozielsk only to move on with 2nd Corps - it is Polish history keep it or donate it to a museum !
    Unfortunately I need to sell it. What is your offer?
    Thanks

Quote by ProPatria View Post
    Hello enesalpa,
    I echo meyle77 as a collector I am also interested in the cross the document and it's history. However, this award with the document are part of your family history and I hope you don't need to part with it. Please keep in mind that Many collectors like myself would love to have it but once you sell it there are small chances of getting it back.
    Thanks

- - ------- - -

Quote by MAP View Post
    Times 3. This is family. It should stay there.

But... (and I am NOT recommending this) if it is your wish to move it, a local museum that has a need for it would be a good place (large museums typically would put this in a store room). And if you really do want to sell it (it's yours so all we can do is offer advice) try to make sure it goes to someone who will care for it and it's history in order to honor your father.
    Thanks

Thanks

MAP
    ?

We do not sell items directly on the forum. If you are interested in selling it, we have a classified section where you post it for sale.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    We do not sell items directly on the forum. If you are interested in selling it, we have a classified section where you post it for sale.
    Here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/polis...-members-only/

But ahead of listing . . . it's very unfortunate that you need to sell this piece of your family history. A word of warning is that it's not uncommon to come to regret this decision. Also, you may face some heat from family members / offspring should they develop an interest in their family history and find that you were the one responsible for releasing this from family possession. Perhaps first check within your family for someone who may wish to purchase this set.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne