Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Old Family Photos

Article about: I’ve been researching my grandfather’s Polish military history and this forum and members have been a huge asset at translating, identifying and sourcing information and items. Just wanted t

CDN Tanker
    ?

Default Old Family Photos

Old Family PhotosOld Family PhotosOld Family PhotosOld Family PhotosOld Family PhotosOld Family Photos

I’ve been researching my grandfather’s Polish military history and this forum and members have been a huge asset at translating, identifying and sourcing information and items. Just wanted to thank you all and I will share photos of this project I’m working on soon.
    I have been lead to believe that the reoccurring man in these photos is my grandfathers brother (unknown first name) Filipowski. There is no information on the back of the photos so I have no where to start. Any information or educated guesses are welcome.
    Who knows... by chance one of your relatives may also be in these photos.... it is a small world after all.
    Thanks
    Chuck (CDN Tanker)

Default Re: Old Family Photos

Quote by CDN Tanker View Post
    I’ve been researching my grandfather’s Polish military history ... Any information or educated guesses are welcome.*
    (CDN Tanker)
    Below, I think Italy or middle-East probably Italy from the floor tiles.

Old Family Photos

Below, Cottage/ house style in the background, Great Britain

Old Family Photos

Below, I think middle-east.

Old Family Photos

Below, I think middle-east also.

Old Family Photos

Below, The nissen hut on the left would suggest Great Britain, Polish Resettlement Corps.

Old Family Photos

Below, these are Poles in the one of the US Army Labour Service Units, Germany. You can just make out the red and white insignia shield on the sleeve of the soldier on the far right. There is an identification number on the vehicle he is standing next to so this might help identify the unit?

Old Family Photos

Those are my guesses although Great Britain and US Labour Service, Germany are 100% certainties
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.